Furias' First Engine Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furias' First Engine Run

Video from the first engine run for Furias. Posted on their Facebook site last Friday.

First run of the R-4360 powered Hawker Sea Fury Racer 'Furias'

Enjoy.
    Last edited by PowerByPackard; 08-17-2011, 02:25 PM.

Re: Furias' First Engine Run

Was a short engine run........looks like they might have had a problem......I sure hope they are able to make it to Reno. I think that will be one fast airplane.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
      Was a short engine run........looks like they might have had a problem......I sure hope they are able to make it to Reno. I think that will be one fast airplane.
      I was trying to figure out what was going on as well. They looked to be concerned about something. However, if you look at the pictures on their facebook site they continue to move forward and not look very concerned, not that that means a whole lot. Plane is being prepped for paint and they have an overhead picture that is just epic. I really hope to see her there as well.

Comment

Visited Ione today. Furias is getting painted. Awaiting the sign off from the FAA to go flying. The crew is in a good mood.
        TJ

Comment

1st runs are just that short and sweet. Run, pressure checks, leak checks make sure oil is returning to oil tank. Service hydraulic tank. Second run lasted 20 minutes getting oil up to operating temp. Adjust prop control and install access panels. Next run will be with plane lashed down and take-off power applied to see if she's liking it. Once that's done plane will fly. FAA paperwork is now completed. Paint is a must, we all agreed when we started this project that plane would not appear in just primer as many racers have in the past. Primer paint jobs mean plane is incomplete in my opinion. We either show ready to rock or we don't go. Paint will be done by end of next week. Fly after that. If engine holds together we will be on ramp at Reno to race for the trophy, nothing less. The crew has done an incredible job creating one of the most awesome racers around that I have ever seen. The workmanship is incredible and second to none!!. It will be my job to keep her on the course and go as fast as I can. Count on that for sure. I don't hold back, never have never will, its a race and I aim to race.

Matt J

Comment

Any hint on what color it will be?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jackson View Post
              1st runs are just that short and sweet. Run, pressure checks, leak checks make sure oil is returning to oil tank. Service hydraulic tank. Second run lasted 20 minutes getting oil up to operating temp. Adjust prop control and install access panels. Next run will be with plane lashed down and take-off power applied to see if she's liking it. Once that's done plane will fly. FAA paperwork is now completed. Paint is a must, we all agreed when we started this project that plane would not appear in just primer as many racers have in the past. Primer paint jobs mean plane is incomplete in my opinion. We either show ready to rock or we don't go. Paint will be done by end of next week. Fly after that. If engine holds together we will be on ramp at Reno to race for the trophy, nothing less. The crew has done an incredible job creating one of the most awesome racers around that I have ever seen. The workmanship is incredible and second to none!!. It will be my job to keep her on the course and go as fast as I can. Count on that for sure. I don't hold back, never have never will, its a race and I aim to race.

Matt J
              Matt, for what it's worth, you've got my full support! I'm already a huge fan and can't wait to see what she'll do.

Are you guys bringing t-shirts to sell with you? I like to do what I can to help out a good cause.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jackson View Post

Matt J
                WOW!!! At some point in the buildup to this year's NCAR, I made the stupid assumption that I couldn't be any more excited. If this update doesn't get your blood pumping, nothing will! Thank you so much Mr. Jackson for the information and I hope everything goes well over the next few weeks so we can all enjoy this beautiful beast in person. Good luck to you and your team and I hope to see you turning the sticks on a beautiful Sunday afternoon!!! GO FURIAS!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sounds good Matt, and best of luck.......I'll be cheering for ya.
                  Brian

Comment

Thank you Matt!!! You go!

I was blase about Reno until just a day or two ago...Now I'm excited and can't wait.

Comment

Is Dreadnaught in the late 80's the only conrcob to take gold?

Just answered my own question as I was typing that, the Super Corsair also took gold once.

I would love to see a 4360 take it again.

I wish you guys the best of luck Matt.

Comment

That is Phil Brown and my Uncle in the reflection
                        Attached Files

Comment

It almost looks like it was only running on 27, or 23, or 25, or maybe 26 cylinders.

That thing is so bad ass!!! Can't wait to see it!!!

Best of luck!!!
                          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                            Is Dreadnaught in the late 80's the only conrcob to take gold?

Just answered my own question as I was typing that, the Super Corsair also took gold once.

I would love to see a 4360 take it again.

I wish you guys the best of luck Matt.
                            The other thing was both took gold on Debut too if i remember right... Dreadnaught won 1984, then 1985 the super corsair won on debut with Steve Hinton Snr
                            race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
                              The other thing was both took gold on Debut too if i remember right... Dreadnaught won 1984, then 1985 the super corsair won on debut with Steve Hinton Snr
                              Actually, Dread won in it's '83 debut, followed by the '84 debut of Stilletto, Super Corsair won in '85, but it wasn't it's debut year.........
                              "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
                              X