X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian Air Race

no, not an ethnic joke.

Falco Pylon Race Fly Party Thiene 25.06.2011 iCECi iTRIP iALDI iDRIM iMIKI

Falcos racing with a good show on the home stretch. Reno's the main event, but there should be more of this kind of racing.

If you are not familiar with the type, was designed by Frati before he designed the SF260. These appear to be factory built ('55-'62) except the red one which is a recent build with a bunch of NOS parts.

Falco Aircraft Association, supporting the world-renown F.8L Falco
    Last edited by Pete; 08-17-2011, 05:27 PM.

Re: Italian Air Race

No Dagos racing this year

Comment

very cool video, the Falco lives on with an all composite kit being made here in NZ under the Furio name..
      Check them out here..
      race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

About Falco in the movie. I-DRIM is an homebuilt (1992-2006) from Sequoia kit and is equipped with Lycoming 200-HP (IO-360-A1B6).

Comment

Yes, I looked up i-drim after my first post. My falco slowly takes shape in my shop...

and kiwiracefan -- the furio looks good, but it's PLASTIC. Where is the satisfaction in putting together 35 preformed composite structural parts when the original falco can be lovingly constructed out of thousands of beautiful spruce parts elegantly hand hewn and sanded to shape?

really though, Giovanni and co have done a nice job on the Furio.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            Yes, I looked up i-drim after my first post. My falco slowly takes shape in my shop...

and kiwiracefan -- the furio looks good, but it's PLASTIC. Where is the satisfaction in putting together 35 preformed composite structural parts when the original falco can be lovingly constructed out of thousands of beautiful spruce parts elegantly hand hewn and sanded to shape?
            It's even better if you grow and harvest your own spruce...

Comment

Working...
            X