Newest DB Painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest DB Painting

Honoring the men and women of the U-2 community for all they've done over the years, and continue to do.
    Attached Files
    DB

Re: Newest DB Painting

Beautiful tribute.

Comment

Hey! Thank-You Betty! Neat story how it all came together - Be seeing ya soon!
      DB

Comment

Great job. I used to watch them(NASA) fly out of Sunnyvale,CA.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

That is a great Senior span TR1 painting. I'd buy a copy if I had the $. You certainly do have the talent and do some fantastic work.

For a future project (since we are on the topic of Lockheed spy planes), Col. Richard Graham writes in one of his books an account of flying back from England in an SR71 at night. He remembers looking through the periscope and saw the moon sitting between the rudders with the afterburner shock diamonds on both sides of the moon. I was trying to sketch the scene this afternoon (I can't draw to save my life, stick figures are tough ) I think it could be a really cool

Seriously, that is a very cool painting that pays tribute to one of the oldest types of aircraft still in use.

Will

Comment

Wonderful Daver.. shoot me the copy so we can get it on yer site. I miss you guys!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks Everone! Wayner - Can do - I'll shoot some stuff off to ya later today - THX! Will, that sounds like a neat image of the SR-71 and moon - I just might have to tackle that one day! Meanwhile here's an earlier piece....
              Attached Files
              DB

Comment

Now THAT's a beautiful painting there, Dave! (SR-71's my alltime favorite jet)

DBD
                Last edited by BuckyD; 08-16-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

That SR71 picture is awesome.

The full quote from Col. Graham's book "Flying the SR71 Blackbird" as found on page 162.

"One of my most memorable sights was during a flight from Beale to Mildenhall. We had finished our refueling over Goose Bay and leveled off at Mach 3 heading out over the Atlantic Ocean on our final leg. It was pitch black outside to start with, but as we raced eastward the sun began to rise rapidly off the nose of the aircraft. Watching the spectacular sunrise in front of the aircraft, I peeked in the periscope just in time to see a bright full moon behind me, centered precisely between the two blue afterburner flames with their concentric shock waves inside. In the rarefied air at seventy thousand feet, the AB flames at night appeared more like a blow torch, with a well defined point and blue flame. If there were only some way to capture that fleeting picture - a true Kodak moment!"
                  -Col. Richard H Graham

I think a painting of that could be phenomenal. Dave, I think you are the guy who could capture the moment.

Will

Comment

Awesome - Will - I accept the challenge. As time permits, I'll start putting togrther a composition. Great story - I love this stuff....

Thank-you!
                    DB

Comment

Those are both awsome. Beautiful work.
                      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Sorry for the delay little brother...... It's that time of year for your new release and as always...... AHHHHHHHHHHHH
                        See you in the "BOX"...

Comment

Originally posted by Daver View Post
                          Awesome - Will - I accept the challenge. As time permits, I'll start putting togrther a composition. Great story - I love this stuff....

Thank-you!
                          I'll start saving my lunch money.

Will

Comment

Working...
                          X