Racer updates???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racer updates???

Anyone out there have any updates on the racers who may or may not be showing up?

Things are still pretty quiet on the Furias front.

No Raju Grace on the entrant list but the Air Race 21 Facebook page sure seems to indicate that they will be there.

I received an e-mail back from the Race 74 camp and the 4360 is currently being worked on at Anderson and they (like me) are holding out some hope for Reno. That would be fantastic.

Can't wait to see the 90% scale Spitfire. That will be a real treat. Didn't see her on the entrant list though. I am hoping they update that soon so we can see if there have been any changes.

Dreadnought has her new engine ready to go but have there been any test flights that anyone has heard of?

I hope to see Miss America out there after her minor mishap.

I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!

Re: Racer updates???

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
    Things are still pretty quiet on the Furias front.
    Not according to the photos they posted on their Facebook page a couple days ago of the engine run. Nicely profiled, white-painted outer wing panels, and some nice Chiavetta-built leading edges for the boil-off system.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
      Not according to the photos they posted on their Facebook page a couple days ago of the engine run. Nicely profiled, white-painted outer wing panels, and some nice Chiavetta-built leading edges for the boil-off system.
      I have been looking for that Facebook page and I must just be missing it......or something!

Can you help me with where they are posting the Furias updates?

Thanks!

Comment

Search "Furias fan group"
        Sky Critter

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Photos posted by Chad Sanders
          Attached Files

Comment

SWEET! Thanks for posting the pics!
            Furious looks FAST just sitting in the hanger! Can't wait to see her in person!

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
              Great pics and great news on the progress. Thank you for the update Jim. Hopefully she will be in the air soon if she already hasn't!

Anyone got any information on some of the other racers?

Comment

There are about 10 of us doing little bits to Precious Metal. It's all starting to come together. I finished the wingtips yesterday and are ready for Thom to glass. The engine was hung last night and the big pieces are showing back up from overhaul. Tick Tock...

jim harley

ps. the piece that says RB-51 is not from the RB

Last edited by Harley909; 08-19-2011, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Rare Bear was making good noise today at stead field. Funny, even with out the paddle blade that thing still sends shockwaves thru the valley.

Comment

Those are some bitchin looking wing tips on PM. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Will

Comment

Jim the tips look great, can you tell us what all is planned? It looks like a good bit.

Comment

always lots of plans...I really don't want to go into the whole list because you know how that goes. The wingtips went pretty quick so we agreed to give the horizontal similar treatment. There are cowling and turtledeck mods in the works. Now, whether they get done or not this year is up in the air. The paint scheme is going to change, although part of the wing polished up pretty nice so even that is still in question. A new wing color has been chosen if that is the direction it takes. The main drive is to get the newly overhauled systems installed and tested. Either way alot of work is being done to update the airframe and hopefully make it competitive.

jim

Comment

Thanks Jim, I wasn't asking about the secret squirrel stuff just the obvious like you mentioned, paint and whatnot. Good luck getting it going and thanks again for the update.

Comment

Thanks! So good to see she is getting the care she needs.
                            Looking forward to hearing that Griffon sing!
                            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Thanks to all for these updates. Keep them comin' in when you hear anything. It helps build the anticipation! 30 more days for me!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X