Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're in the neighborhood this weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're in the neighborhood this weekend...

...at least four Allisons a Merlin will be running on Lake Washington Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

The Vintage Unlimited Hydroplanes from the Hydroplane & Raceboat Museum will be putting on at least one exhibition race per day at Seafair this weekend. I think we're looking at the 1956 Miss Thriftway (replica), 1957 Miss Wahoo (replica), 1960 Miss Burien, 1962 Miss Bardahl, and the 1976 Oh Boy! Oberto (which is actually the 1963 Miss Lumberville/Savair's Mist).

First time since 2000 that a full heat of boats will be running, not just one or two on the course.

Re: If you're in the neighborhood this weekend...

I wish. One of these days.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

They put on a heck of a show at TriCities.....! 5 boats ran last Sunday.

Comment

I'll be in Seattle Mon-Wed. Will be boats still be in town?

Comment

It's always a good show. Born and raised here...building hydro's to tow behind the Schwinn in the 50's and 60's. Miss the sound of the pistons but the sight and sounds are still awesome.

Be doing my Museum of Flight Docent gig on Saturday AM from 1000-300 so if you're "in the neighborhood" as Big Jim says, stop in and ask for me (Owen Ashurst). Give ya' the "Elvis" tour. Then Sunday, I'll be at the lake watching the show. Wife's cousin own's an Unlimited Light so passes get us "inside the fence!"

Used to work for the Muncey family years ago at Boatracing Magazine. Freelance work...mostly free though! But hey, good clean fun!

got a few shots here somewhere...if I find 'em I'll drop 'em in.

Cheers all,
          Owen Ashurst
          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Working...
          X