Jon Sharp "calls it a day"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Sharp "calls it a day"

Sad to see this... but it was one hell of a ride!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Jon Sharp "calls it a day"

I have only been coming to the races since 2000, but the times that I was able to watch him fly was truly a pleasure. I certainly hope that Nemesis finds her way back to the pylons so we can see her fly again.

Comment

The Sharp family and Team Nemesis have always been a 'class act', elevating air racing to a professional, at times, alomst a gentleman's race. It was a pleasure to race with them.
      Godspeed, Jon and Patricia.

Comment

The Sharps are the epitome of class.

Air racing has been elevated by the entire Nemesis team.

Comment

BIG THANKS- Jon & Trish & all your crew members- for so many great years of super air racing excitement & golden memories! You set the competition bar at the top rung so many times over & now's an opportune time as any,-f/hangin' up your spurs.

We're sure gonna miss your friendly competitive presence in the world's-fastest motorsport. Besides being one of our sport's most-successful champions, you were one of its' greatest ambassadors as well.

We wish you & yours all the best f/a bright & happy future. You most certainly deserve no less!!!

DBD
          Attached Files

Comment

Awww...man.....Thanks for the super effort over the years. John, you have truly delighted me, my family and thousands of air race fans. The NXT is the sexiest plane in the freaking world. I really wish more racers flew the airframe and raced it.

Good luck on your future endeavors.

Glen Merritt
            AKA Planecrazy2

You know, Brett Farve and Michael Jordan came out of retirement a couple of times, so did Frank Sinatra.....
            '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

John and team set the bar for professionalism in air racing. I always looked forward to seeing them every year. I know I will miss them.

Thanks John and team! You showed us you can achieve your dreams!

Michele

Comment

Jon, Patricia and their team have always exemplified the best in the Sports Class. Organized, calm, safe and with a very strong purpose: To be the best. And they definitely succeeded in their quest.

We kept trying to catch them, but they always were the fastest ship in the race. And they never broke!

Bruce Patton
                Retired Crew Chief
                Bad Intentions - Race 71

Comment

Jon and Trish,

You and Team Nemesis have been and will always be THE "Class Act" of air racing. From the tie-dyed t-shirt Bilbo days to the sharp, no pun intended, white & pink NXT flight suit you have been very approachable with a quick smile for the fans especially the younger ones. We will miss seeing you on the course, but hopefully the two of you will be able to visit with your legions of admirers at Reno in the near future. Health and Happiness to the both of you.

Frank, Joan and Gordon Ronco

Comment

Thanks Jon & Trish for the many years watching you evolve with the racing/aviation community. I've watched air racing from the Cleveland 1946 on. You brought a full plate to the table every year. You and yours take care in whatever you do. Yes you did follow the "Dream".
                    Lockheed Bob

Comment

I can only say...Thank You. The bar has been set yet again...this time, it seems more likely than ever that it will not be raised.

Be well and safe travels in your many more trips around the sun!
                      Owen Ashurst
                      Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                      http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Jon--A true Professional. A Class Act. You have used the gifts, talents and abilities that God has given you and have shown His glory through what you do & how you carry yourself. THANK YOU for what you have done, what you and your TEAMs have accomplished over the years, for the excitement you have brought to the sport and to the furtherance of aviation in general. GODSPEED...in every sense of the word!

Comment

Oh darn... Sad to see this.

Comment

Sad to see him leaving, but what a career!
                            I'll miss wondering each year "what Jon will do". Thank you for all the years.
                            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

my Tribute to Jon Shawn
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X