judy #44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• judy #44

after prs I left judy with john parker to do some magic on the cowl, it is all done now, she will back in ID this week for the finishing touches she is getting a bigger prop and full electronic ign, she is going to be stupid fast this year I cant wait

Re: judy #44

Awesome, cant wait to see her

Comment

Wow, its been a while since I looked at the F1 rules. They allow electronic ignition now? Cool!

Spacegrrrl

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl View Post
        Wow, its been a while since I looked at the F1 rules. They allow electronic ignition now? Cool!

Spacegrrrl
        The new rules were voted in last year. They now allow electronic ignition and fuel injection.

Comment

in jesus name we pray bugity bugity gigggittty

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
            The new rules were voted in last year. They now allow electronic ignition and fuel injection.
            So what sort of FI can you use? Is it just a replacement for the carb or something more exotic?

The one downside with this is now if someone sets new records you can't really directly compare the new rule plane with an old rule plane.

Spacegrrrl

Comment

So what sort of FI can you use? Is it just a replacement for the carb or something more exotic?
              Not 100% sure, I don't have the rules in front of me, but it is pretty wide open if I remember correctly.

The one downside with this is now if someone sets new records you can't really directly compare the new rule plane with an old rule plane.

Spacegrrrl
              I agree, but it is what it is.

Comment

so if you set the fuel trim rich and have a precision air leak in the induction system.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                  so if you set the fuel trim rich and have a precision air leak in the induction system.....

Big maybe on that one. I think they are getting just about all the air they can without being allowed to do move head and valve train mods. It could actually hurting those who are maximizing ram air rise in the induction system.

Comment

Actually if its done wrong or at all you risk holing a piston or burning valves. I was just fooling around and would never attempt to do that.
                    But someone with a hole lotta inganeering experience could probab ly figure it out.

Comment

Spacegrrrl
                      Yep, a big asterisk in the record books,
                      so much for a formula class. (Back to IXL's)

Comment

Just electronic ignition, I do not think fuel injection is approved.

Comment

Besides fuel injection isnt the answer to a bazillion HP, it just allows you to easily set mixture for optimal combustion, cam profile etc etc. The answer to more HP is RPM and increased air flow. 14.7:1 is the ideal ratio. Any more air and you burn the whirly bits, any less air and you make bucky balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                            Besides fuel injection isnt the answer to a bazillion HP, it just allows you to easily set mixture for optimal combustion, cam profile etc etc. The answer to more HP is RPM and increased air flow. 14.7:1 is the ideal ratio. Any more air and you burn the whirly bits, any less air and you make bucky balls.
                            Suggested reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air-fuel_ratio True, a ratio of 14.7:1 (mass air:mass fuel) is ideal for a balanced (stoichiometric) reaction of gasoline and air. However, there are a myriad of other factors that must be considered. If it were true, as you infer, that operating anywhere outside that perfect ratio results in burning "whirly bits" or making "bucky balls" the internal combustion engine would exist only in theory. Basically, the answer to more horsepower is to burn more fuel+air mixture in a given time. Whether that be through increased RPM, supercharging, more efficient mass flow through the engine, etc., doesn't really matter.

Comment

there is no injection , only ignition and lets not get going into some big im right your wrong debate, i agree with the historion side of this, a record wont really be a record, the reality is f1 is a dying class and they are doing what they can to save it but electronics are not the answer.
                              In the past there have been some people more focused on personel gain instead of class growth, with that being said I believe we have a good group of ELECTED officals in office now and I expect great things in our future. I joined f1 because of the history of it, and I plan on being involved even if I get the chance to fly something bigger, I love f1.
                              I think if we opened the airframe rules just a little we could have tons of planes showing up, for example there are thousands of varieze out there some very fast,it meets the wing area if you count the canard, f1 doesnt allow the canard to be counted, next the quickie 200 is a cool little plane and fast as well it meets the wing area if you count all four wings , f1 only allows 2, I would buy one tomorrow.the thought of flyin your plane to reno ,racing, and then flying home sounds just sweet , no more 1000 mile two day drives with periodic stops to make sure your plane hasnt shifted in the back.
                              so stay on topic , good vibes , lots of safe love, go pooder , knottygirl and judy and my spitfire giggggittty alll right

Comment

Working...
                              X