Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

El Hefe new paint scheme? September Fury new motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Hefe new paint scheme? September Fury new motor?

Ok I got a phone call yesterday from one of my air race pals, now I am not one to start rumors but I was told by him that El Hefe is going to be painted silver and renamed, also the same source informed me that September Fury is getting a motor any one heard about any of this?

Re: El Hefe new paint scheme? September Fury new motor?

This is my first post but i found this awesome article about Reno this year, it includes info about september fury and el hefe.

Daily News regarding Air Shows, Aviation Events, Aviation Museums, Aviation Heritage, Young Eagles events, Aviation Scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by ultipilot View Post
      This is my first post but i found this awesome article about Reno this year, it includes info about september fury and el hefe.

http://indytransponder.blogspot.com/...Transponder%29
      Thank ultipilot good info!

Comment

Ultipilot, welcome and thanks for the great link, it is now bookmarked on my favorites
        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by MARK SHANE View Post
          Ok I got a phone call yesterday from one of my air race pals, now I am not one to start rumors but I was told by him that El Hefe is going to be painted silver and renamed, also the same source informed me that September Fury is getting a motor any one heard about any of this?
          Sept. Fury has a motor hung already. It is at Chino getting everything else finished up. I have also heard El Jeff will be getting painted, but not sure of the colors. If it's partially silver, then maybe it's a fire bomber scheme?

Comment

Race 74 is out because the engine was making metal after the test flight. According to Tri-State Aviation the engine is toast.

Comment

who will be flying 232?

Comment

Originally posted by eldon2101 View Post
                who will be flying 232?
                According to what Vallerie Miller (RARA) is telling everyone at Oskosh, it will be Hoot Gibson.

Comment

That's good for him. Expect some nice battles between him and Jimmy.

Comment

Originally posted by race9 View Post
                    That's good for him. Expect some nice battles between him and Jimmy.
                    Is the Ghost ready to go?

Comment

It was ready to go last year.

Comment

Originally posted by race9 View Post
                        It was ready to go last year.
                        True, but I know how things can change in the off season between new tweaks and testing.

Comment

As far as I know, everything is working fine. We haven't really tweaked all that much more than we did at Reno.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                            According to what Vallerie Miller (RARA) is telling everyone at Oskosh, it will be Hoot Gibson.
                            Hey Race 5, yeah heard the same thing from my source that Hoot would be racing 232 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                              Sept. Fury has a motor hung already. It is at Chino getting everything else finished up. I have also heard El Jeff will be getting painted, but not sure of the colors. If it's partially silver, then maybe it's a fire bomber scheme?
                              Cool thanks for the info Race 5, well could it be fire bomber or maybe a South American countries air force scheme at least thats what one of my freinds is guessing, but I dont know if F7Fs ever went to South America, the only ones that I know did were P51s and F4Us.

Comment

Working...
                              X