John Penny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Penny

So with my last post, it got me thinking. John Penny, first of all......what a stud!! We all know his qualifications, and a lot of his experiance. But how did he get to be the pilot of Rare Bear? Did he just walk up to Lyle and say " I've got all this experiance, let me fly your plane"? How did that all come about? What kind of warbird experiance did he have? Race experiance? The guy had Uber qualifications!! But seriously, how did it all go down? I think that would be a facinating story!! I haven't bought the book, maybe I should. I just thought it would be a great subject to learn about.

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Re: John Penny

Read Lyles book for all those answers and more! It is a great read. And it is Penney.

Last edited by eldon2101; 07-19-2011, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Racing for the Gold

I just got done reading the book racing for the gold. I had no idea of some of the history. In the book it tells "the dues" Mr Penny paid to fly Rare Bear. I won't give anything away other than that. Great read.

Comment

Originally posted by eldon2101 View Post
        Read Lyles book for all those answers and more! It is a great read. And it is Penney.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1434366197?...6CCBM95J426NX&
        LOL... hope you don't mind, I changed the URL to the book to include aafo's account there... using that code, (the one on the front page) when you go to amazon, costs you nothing extra and puts a penney or two into the AAFO account... Ain't much but, like I've said elsewhere... every little bit counts!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

Does that apply to all Amazon purchases? If so, that is something to keep in mind for all AAFO supporters and, perhaps you could post the link somewhere to make it harder to forget.

Thaks for all you do and keep up the good work.

JC

Comment

Dell's book is wonderful, and a must read for all race fans.

'71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer View Post
              Wayne,

Does that apply to all Amazon purchases? If so, that is something to keep in mind for all AAFO supporters and, perhaps you could post the link somewhere to make it harder to forget.

Thaks for all you do and keep up the good work.

JC
              Yea Jim, I think it does, if you click on the link to Dell's book, then anywhere else you go on Amazon, you're still carrying the code...

I REALLY should get in there and make an "amazon store" where I look up all sorts of good books and stuff, then put links up to it here and there... might make some decent bux off that.. I could do the same with B&H photo, as the same thing applies there (affliate logging) Again, it's not a big % but...
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Speaking of John Penney:

John, if you are reading this thread on AAFO, can I ask you where you might be "hanging out" if you are going to Reno?

My wife and I would like to see you again and she has some pictures she would like to give to you.

Just wondering
                Don and Sylvia Hatten

Go Bear!

Comment

Don, you got married!! Congratulations!! I remember when she was your girlfriend in redding. That's awesome!!

Race 29
                  Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Re: John Penney

Thanks!

Yes, we are celebrating our 7th anniversary on Sept 4th and then headed to Reno.

Can't wait!

Don

Go Bear!

Comment

Working...
                    X