Race 74 Reno '11 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race 74 Reno '11 ??

Just got a tip from an old friend who had just gotten off the phone with *someone* (not going to mention any names but this is as close to the source as you can get) at the Odegaard "airplane factory"... as of this very moment, if all goes well, Race 74 is in the air!!

Fly Safe Casey Odegaard!

That the airplane might be at RENO is pure, educated, speculation... but the thought is exciting as hell!!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Race 74 Reno '11 ??

It was on their website that they had plans to bring it to reno. Atleast thats what I thought I remember reading.

Comment

It's on the list for Oshkosh next week.

Comment

So can we bribe/trick/blackmail Ron Pratte into bringing Race 57? I mean come on; two F2Gs have not been seen in the air, or together for that matter, since 1949. An air race is the perfect place for those two to be reunited.

Please? Pretty please? I'm a grown man here begging for Race 74 and 57 to be at the air races.
        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
        Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce View Post
          So can we bribe/trick/blackmail Ron Pratte into bringing Race 57? I mean come on; two F2Gs have not been seen in the air, or together for that matter, since 1949. An air race is the perfect place for those two to be reunited.

Please? Pretty please? I'm a grown man here begging for Race 74 and 57 to be at the air races.
          I would probably give up a body part from my lower left area to get those two in the air from the air!!!!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The possibility that both could show up is always there. Heck, we didn't think we'd see the P38s all in one place last year, and the year before that we had the gathering of Tigercats, so a gathering of Super Corsairs isn't such a lost hope.

Yeah, I think the two should be at the National Championship Air Races, just like the last time they were together. Throw in the Ghost (I know, possibly not the same airframe but lets give it the benefit of the doubt) and you have the trio of Cleveland era air racers. How cool is that? Yes, we need TWO F2Gs at the air races.

Will

Comment

If this link has been posted before I apologize...But the pics are fairly recent and the text definitely mentions bringing her to Reno 2011.

Comment

...as of this very moment, if all goes well, Race 74 is in the air!!
                Wayner,

Thanks for the update but did the thing fly or not? Sept is coming quickly.

Someone has footage I'm sure.

GP

Comment

According to a post on WIX Tri-State Aviation posted on their Facebook page that another Super Corsair is flying and all is good, but no pics.

Comment

Thanks Tim,

I just saw that too. Definitely cause for celebration. A good day for warbird fans.

GP

Comment

She flew, they have video in the process of upload... made a little smoke, screens had a bit of aluminium... prognosis is a scuffed piston... jug assy. to be replaced.. I'm sure all this info will appear on their site ASAP, I'm just gettin fed tips from the tipster and spreadin' the word....
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

First flight video up!

They're busy and didn't have time to do any editing but....

She's a pretty bird indeed!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL8Ts8prnaE&feature=player_embedded[/YT]
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

That totally makes my day.

Will

Comment

"Hubba-hubba!"

DBD

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                              That totally makes my day.

Will
                              If you guys leave them notes at their utube page, I wouldn't feel bad if you let them know where you heard about the vid..
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X