PRS plane ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS plane ID

I saw a video on youtube from this years PRS taken from home pylon that looked like one of those 3/4 scale Bearcat sport planes. Was there something like that out there? I missed Reno in June this year.

Re: PRS plane ID

That might have been the Radial Rocket if it was white with dark red trim. Has a bearcat looking tail with a large bubble canopy and is powered by a 360 HP Russian radial. The Radial Rocket is all composite as opposed to the all metal Bear 360 which Skip Holm is connected with.

GP

Comment

Thanks. Hope to see that craft come Sept.

Comment

shawn
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Shawn, that's the one.
          It looks like a Sport and an Unlimited had an offspring.

Comment

radial rocket...

interesting sport class racer. time will tell

Comment

Hey!!!! Thanks Shawn for getting a pic around the pylons! We have been hoping to see some shots of it on the track. Would love to see some more shots if anybody got any.. hint hint

Been turning some wrenches the last few weeks. Looking forward to testing a few new mods. Still have a few more cool ideas but those will probably have to wait till after Oshkosh. The demo plane should probably look pretty and not so much research and development mode..

See http://www.radialrocket.com for info on the plane, and our new "Racing" page will have the latest racing related news..

On a side note, Unleashed is getting a serious firewall forward mechanical and aero adjustment.. Cowlings should be here any day now!!

Tom
              Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Here's a few more from PRS.
                Attached Files

Comment

SWEET!!! Sounds like no other sport class racer I have ever heard..
                  [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhHUt3madO0[/YT]
                  Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
                    Hey!!!! Thanks Shawn for getting a pic around the pylons! We have been hoping to see some shots of it on the track. Would love to see some more shots if anybody got any.. hint hint

Been turning some wrenches the last few weeks. Looking forward to testing a few new mods. Still have a few more cool ideas but those will probably have to wait till after Oshkosh. The demo plane should probably look pretty and not so much research and development mode..

See http://www.radialrocket.com for info on the plane, and our new "Racing" page will have the latest racing related news..

On a side note, Unleashed is getting a serious firewall forward mechanical and aero adjustment.. Cowlings should be here any day now!!

Tom
                    I do have a couple more that was the best one i have i look again for some more and i will put them up. Shawn

Comment

Working...
                    X