Another 109 down. Pilot is ok.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 109 down. Pilot is ok.

I'm not sure when this happened, but it's being reported today. A 109 had it's right gear fold up on landing, the pilot appears to be ok. This happened during the Berlin airshow.

There's video at the Comcast home page, but I couldn't get it to embed, or post the link.

Race 29
    Last edited by Race 29; 06-19-2011, 12:14 PM. Reason: Bad embed code
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Re: Another 109 down. Pilot is ok.

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
    I'm not sure when this happened, but it's being reported today. A 109 had it's right gear fold up on landing, the pilot appears to be ok. This happened during the Berlin airshow.

There's video at the Comcast home page, but I couldn't get it to embed, or post the link.

Race 29
    Heh-heh. And the sun rose this morning yet again. Seems like those knocked-kneed puppies are ALWAYS folding gear.

My first visit to Reno/Stead was in 1981, arriving on Saturday just as the event had ended for the day. The gates were open and unmanned by then so we walked out to the stands and the first thing I saw was a BF-109 lying on it's belly out on the runway, surrounded by gawkers.

Got a standard link to the comcast video page itself? All I can find on the Comcast page is a mention of another pilot performing in Poland who crashed and didn't survive. The only thing I find via a Google search is several links about a 109 crash in Berlin that happened just as you described, but on May 27, 2008

Comment

Not having seen the video, but this sounds a lot like the accident that the EADS bf109 had on arrival at ILA Berlin back in 2008.

Comment

Found some video now....

Comment

That footage is from 2008.

Comment

Thanks Bob! That is the same video posted on Comcast's web page as if it had happened this past weekend. I appologise for posting old news, I thought it was new.

Race 29
            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
            X