PRS coverage down this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS coverage down this year

Am I the only one hoping to see some new photos by now? Maybe by tonight or Sunday from Stead? The on-site coverage this year, so far at least, has been down noticeably.

Any new Formula Ones? I don't think I've seen a ground shot of Strega yet. Maybe one of the Bear. Just a couple of PM. No Sport Class and Thunder Mustangs in particular. No lists of new pilot names.

You guys are having too much fun (or in Wayne's case are too ill, sorry, you are excused ) and forgetting about us Refresh-button-pushers at home. Somebody step up for the ailing Mr. Sagar and get us our fix.

Re: PRS coverage down this year

Strega is not there, they flew home last Friday after the IMAX fimling.

Comment

Last edited by Bigger Al; 10-05-2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Hello There,

Been going to the air races since 1978, live close by and sounds of the planes flying overhead completes the year

Anyway, my son has been telling me about this great site for sometime. I read this post and thought I'b better sign on. Heres some pictures from the PRS ramp taken 6/15.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 08-31-2011, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Thanks Desertdawg!

The first one on the bottom row was a surprise to see!

Comment

Hey Bigger Al, are you in this video. I took it with my smart phone so it's not the greatest.
            Attached Files
            Tony

Comment

Maybe by next year we will see a grudge race with Jeffery Ackland's Radial Rocket RG (pictured above) and Skip Holm in a Bear 360. Haven't studied the performance limits on both yet, but would seem to be an interesting match.

Comment

A race between them would be as close as it can get. Max speed almost the same and weight is a lil less in the radial rocket, but the bear a lil more speed. I would say bear 360 because skip is at the controls.
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                  A race between them would be as close as it can get. Max speed almost the same and weight is a lil less in the radial rocket, but the bear a lil more speed. I would say bear 360 because skip is at the controls.
                  It would be a good race! But, the numbers on the Radial Rocket are on the M-14P, not the M-14PF that is in the Bear 360. A more fair race would be if the Radial Rocket had the same 400 HP PF engine. (I'm working on that one.. haha)

Getting ready for a long flight home to Kansas City. At least the wind is behind us going that way.
                  Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

shawn
                    Attached Files

Comment

It is so great to see Precious Metal back at Stead!

Comment

It would be a good race! But, the numbers on the Radial Rocket are on the M-14P, not the M-14PF that is in the Bear 360. A more fair race would be if the Radial Rocket had the same 400 HP PF engine. (I'm working on that one.. haha)

Getting ready for a long flight home to Kansas City. At least the wind is behind us going that way.
                        Tom,

Who was getting qulified you or Jeff? Is Reno going to happen for this bird? I think it's a great way to showcase that pretty airplane.

Looks like some work has been done to the cowl at the inlet along with a larger spinner. Can you elaborate?

GP

Comment

Her's a short video of Judy rounding the pylons- sounded real good
                          Russ
                          Attached Files
                          Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Originally posted by gp70442 View Post
                            Tom,

Who was getting qulified you or Jeff? Is Reno going to happen for this bird? I think it's a great way to showcase that pretty airplane.

Looks like some work has been done to the cowl at the inlet along with a larger spinner. Can you elaborate?

GP
                            Good eye! The cowl inlet area was reduced by 50%, and it was still making ice cubes.. It is the same stock spinner from MT.

I was not able get qualified, only Jeff. There wasn't time for me to get insured, yadda yadda, in the rocket. And Unleashed isn't in any condition to be flying currently. I'll have to wait it out till next year, again.

The Radial Rocket will be back in September for sure. We came home with lots of info, and ideas. Not sure how much of it we will get done, hopefully a lot..
                            Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
                              And Unleashed isn't in any condition to be flying currently. I'll have to wait it out till next year, again.
                              Well, dang it! I was hoping she'd race again this year. I was wearing my Unleashed t-shirt just a couple days ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X