Unofficial AAFO fundraiser idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial AAFO fundraiser idea

Alright, PRS is here and the silly season is now upon us.

As a member of AAFO for 5 years or so and an air race fan since 1970, I believe AAFO is one of my favorite and most visited sites for information on our “most excellent” sport.

That said, it takes money and time to host this site and I really value the effort Wayne has taken to make a home for us here.

I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes here, and am doing this without the prior consent of Wayne, but how about we have a little unofficial fundraiser for Wayne and his site here over the months leading to our mid September sky dance?

So, consider the value AAFO has to your souls happiness. Press the “MAKE A DONATION” button in the upper left corner of the page and spread some love to our host.

Peace, and safe landings to all.

Glen Merritt
    aka, planecrazy2
    '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Re: Unofficial AAFO fundraiser idea

Great idea Greg. And it really doesn't take much to make a big difference.
    If all of us regulars donated even 5 or 10 bucks it would help a bunch I'm sure.

Rachel

Comment

OK, just donated my lunch money.
      Think I will take a bike ride now that I have an hour to kill.

Comment

Hey guys and gals... thanks.. it's (our financial situation) is actually much worse... and, indeed, every penny helps the "cause"...

The ads I have here and there are pretty but, unvisited, pay little...I've primarly supported the server that AAFO lives on by the web work that I'm able to do.. well... the bad economy affects this market as well and... well.. the web "business" which supports this site is having a big problem supporting it right now and in a month or so, our reserves will dry up and I will have to find a way to finance this venture, somehow... so.. yes.. every bit helps...

Thanks PC2
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,
          Though times are tough all around, and I wish I could give more, I did send something to help out with your expenses.
          Looking forward to Reno 2011.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks to all who have hit the donate button! We're hovering around a hundred dollars as of this AM and that will cover one half of one month's rent on the server...

Thank You!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Bump.
              '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Great Idea! Go for it, Wayne.

Larry

Comment

Great to see you here Larry! How are you doing? Will you make it to Reno this year?
                  Rachel

Comment

I just made my donation. $25.00 isn't too much to donate to make sure I have a place to get my Reno fix during the off season.

Wayne - Thank you for all you do here.

Greg B.

See everyone in 3 months

Comment

THANKS EVERYONE!! We've knocked out a couple month's server rent and I'm absolutely grateful!!!!!

Please, don't be ashamed if all you can offer is a dollar... While the money is helpful beyond belief, the thought I'm reading in these donations truly warms my heart and makes it all more worth the while to continue to keep this site alive forever!!

I'd always hoped this "web stuff" I started fiddling with in about 1997, would become, at least, self sufficient... and in the past, at times, it has been, but it takes drives like this to get us over humps like we're in now..

If I were to croak tomorrow, arrangements are in place to keep it alive for a number of years, big problem is, I have to croak to get to those funds... ain't ready for that yet!!

So.... THANKS TO ALL WHO DONATE TO AAFO.COM!!! you guyz and galz are the best!

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey everyone, wanted to thank those who have hit the donate button... we're up to three months of web server fees!!!

Hate to hold the tin cup but.... keep it comin!!

and THANK YOU!!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

BOX A23 has kicked in some cash. Wayne and everyone here does a awesome job on keeping this site up and reinvent to what is going on in this sport.

Comment

THANK YOU SIR!
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Would you consider putting up an alternate method to donate so that every penny donated goes to AAFO an not to Paypal/Credit card folks. I know I would prefer that, but will do what you request regardless becuase of the great service you and your contributors provide here.

Hoping others will keep adding to this effort. Thanks.

Bob Green

Comment

Working...
                              X