Any Dago Red updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Dago Red updates?

Hi everyone do any of you know whats going on with Dago Red I seen a web sight that said Frank Taylor owned her again and he started a restoration but that was it I have not seen or heard any updates on the plane since would be nice to see her race again!

Re: Any Dago Red updates?

Originally posted by MARK SHANE View Post
    Hi everyone do any of you know whats going on with Dago Red I seen a web sight that said Frank Taylor owned her again and he started a restoration but that was it I have not seen or heard any updates on the plane since would be nice to see her race again!
    Hell yeah, I'm still wondering why SOMEONE hasn't been racing the fastest plane ever at Reno for the last few years. They need to get this bird racing again!

Comment

Frank Taylor no longer owns the aircraft. It has been sold to a former Dago crew member who is restoring it to stock configuration. It might be raced, but it will no longer be a racer.

Comment

Thank you for the info on Dago Red Race 5 I appreciate that well that sucks glad to hear it will be restored again but I was hoping it would be restored as a racer not stock oh well what do you do I am sure the fact that the planes are worth more stock has somthing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
          Frank Taylor no longer owns the aircraft. It has been sold to a former Dago crew member who is restoring it to stock configuration. It might be raced, but it will no longer be a racer.
          What a shame that such a wonderful racing aircraft, clearly the fastest ever at Reno, will no longer be. Better to part it out than return it to a bone stock investors piece. Of course then again, the bear and the witch and whatever else gets dreamed up can surely "WISH" they could be the fastest. . . . . . . First to 500 will live on the books forever!!!

Long live the silver spinner!

Blue Skies Dago Red!!

Comment

Race 5.... you got 2 out of 3 right. Fortunatly it is not being converted to a stocker so that part of your post is incorrect. It is a work in progress though and will not be at Reno this year.

Cheers, Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by bruce lockwood View Post
              Race 5.... you got 2 out of 3 right. Fortunatly it is not being converted to a stocker so that part of your post is incorrect. It is a work in progress though and will not be at Reno this year.

Cheers, Bruce
              What. . . . . twas just a rumor. . . . . The fan club will rest easy tonight!

Long live the Bucket Brigade!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al
                A TF perhaps?
                You been hangin out with Hacker??
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I heard that with the scarcity of proper TF canopies, an AT-6 canopy was going to be modified to fit...............

Comment

A Mach Buster Canopy maybe???

Comment

THE CANOPY THAT WAS ON IT WAS GREAT- EXCEPT THAT IT WOULD OCCASIONALLY OPEN AS THE AIRCRAFT INCHED UP OVER THE 450
                      MPH MARK.
                      CHEERS-GHOST

Comment

Cheers, Bruce
                        Well alrighty then thank you Mr. Lockwood thats great news!

Comment

Cheers, Bruce
                          This is GREAT news!

So did the new owner pretty much get all of the parts and pieces?

Steve

Comment

I wonder if they might be interested in my special racing canopy or maybe my special two seat, two canopy, TF style model if Randy's prediction does come true? I'm having a little trouble remembering, but I believe the canopies may have originally been on a pretty fast airplane.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Almost look like sr-71 canopies ... Look heavy but cool
                              Jim Adams
                              Blue Thunder 2 crew
                              Picabo race 51 crew
                              Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

Working...
                              X