Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst color scheme ever on a Reno racer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst color scheme ever on a Reno racer?

OK, there's already a thread for best color scheme ever on a Reno racer, so what was (or is) the worst? Please post pics if you have them......
    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Re: Worst color scheme ever on a Reno racer?

I think there was a purple-ish pink hellcat that raced. I couldn't decide if it was cool or ugly.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

The yellow Sept. Pops scheme. That was hideous.

Comment

The $permy RareBear paint job was awful.

Comment

The very first Corsair to ever race at Reno. Lance II (or maybe it was Lancer II) Kind of a metallic green with gold trim...I actually got to work on it a little when it was based at Columbia Airport and was partially owned my Gene Akers. Loved the airplane, just not the paint job...finally was put back into navy paint job.
          Brian

Comment

While it really stands out, I never cared for the checkerboard paint scheme...reminds me of the tile floor of the shop of my old childhood barber

Owner: Ed Weiner
            Date: 1978.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
              While it really stands out, I never cared for the checkerboard paint scheme...reminds me of the tile floor of the shop of my old childhood barber

Owner: Ed Weiner
              Date: 1978.
              1978 ?????? Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                The yellow Sept. Pops scheme. That was hideous.
                I agree with you. That pukey looking yellow/green WAS hideous.........Also agree with Bob, "Spermy Rare Bear" was pretty bad too.........

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                  The very first Corsair to ever race at Reno. Lance II (or maybe it was Lancer II) Kind of a metallic green with gold trim...I actually got to work on it a little when it was based at Columbia Airport and was partially owned my Gene Akers. Loved the airplane, just not the paint job...finally was put back into navy paint job.
                  Brian
                  I actually love that scheme!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
                    I actually love that scheme!
                    I'm gonna echo that. Although paint technology and quality wasn't what it is today, and it may have been hastily applied....deep metalic (Limefire) green with red and gold trim. On a sunny day it just pops! It looked like a hot rod/custom car. And at the time the only other planes that had 'interesting' racing schemes were E.D. Weiner's planes, and Mike Carroll's Sea Fury.

Comment

I think this would be a good one for Mr Jackson and the Fury, I will give you the print at RENO 2011 Matt it is better than the scan. Thanks, KC
                      Last edited by KAHNZILLA; 08-31-2011, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                        Brian
                        Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course.....but I just don't see it. Perhaps just since you have a more personal history with it there is another story....

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                          Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course.....but I just don't see it. Perhaps just since you have a more personal history with it there is another story....

http://www.warbirddepot.com/images/w...er4_1024fx.jpg
                          That looks kinda cool! It's different but cool.

Comment

...looked pretty good when the sun was just right..

...Reno '68...
                            Attached Files

Comment

You know, I haven't looked at a picture of her in years, and she does look better in those pics then I remember. As I remember it was a brighter metallic green, and I don't remember hearing anyone back then say they really thought it was very attractive. Back in those days, most warbirds were painted in civilian paint schemes, and some were really pretty. I always like the checkerboard yellow and black on Ed Weiners 51. I always like Miss America too. I read a story once that Miss America was painted like that when it was at Edwards doing some kind of test work there ........a long time ago. I always thought the P-39 Mr Mennan was sharp looking, although I only saw it once.
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X