This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since when...

Did this site become Rare Bear.com? I understand trying to help the cause. But geez, you're probably turning more people off than you are helping the cause. It's just like a bad direct-mail campaign, you are "unbranding" the Rare Bear name into a bunch of people that look like they are begging for money.

Signed, The Unregistered poster, who will probably have his post deleted in 30 seconds.

Naa.. I'm fair game... However, I think you are a spineless POS who does not have the balls to sign his posts and posts here there and everywhere with this sort of garbage.

I'm pretty sure we've even communicated via email in the past.

What I'll do is leave your message here for all to see. Then once I've tracked your address to whom you really are, I'll make that public knowledge so maybe then you can grow a spine and tell the world what your REAL problem is. I know, so do you... shall we tell the world or will you just go and hide in a corner and throw out really brave comments with no signature???

Or, how bout making up a new name to hide behind? That did't work did it..

Anyone who has the balls to say who they are has the right to an opinion.. gonna grow a spine and own up to who you are?

Wanna meet in the pits for a face to face at Reno??

Wayne Sagar
    The person who signes his name to his posts whereever he goes.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Get 'em Wayne!
      There IS a lot of Rare Bear on this site.
      There's a lot of Dago on another site.
      There's a lot of (insert personal favorite) in each of our posts.
      Is'nt that what this is all about?
      Keep it up Mr. Sagar.

Signed,
      Leo Smiley
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

yes sir....leo you are on it

I support this site and all it has ......even if my favorite is another racer......

Wayne you are the "dog" man....go dude!!!
        Randy Rheinschild
        www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

I don’t know if I should even bother replying to your post or not. After you read this you probably won’t even care what I’ve written and continue to bag on AAFO.com and the Bear and our team’s effort to get her flying/racing. But here it goes.

First I want to thank Wayne and AAFO.com for getting the word out. To get the Rare Bear flying this year, we are going to have to have some amount, maybe a large amount of fan support. I know that he realizes along with Scotty G. over at warbirdaeropress.com and the folks over at Pylon1.com that they are the only real time ambassadors of this sport. If it wasn’t for them we wouldn’t be able to discuss the Air Races in an open forum except for once a year in Sept. at the Pylon Bar. We would not know what the status of each team is until we arrived in Reno each year. Frankly the National Air Races needs them to survive or grow. They are the closest things to consistent year round news coverage we have.

Why is the Rare Bear team asking its fans for support? Why don’t they just get a sponsor? Perhaps you haven’t noticed lately but the economic reality of today’s society makes finding a sponsor a hard thing to do. Most companies are just struggling to stay afloat these days, let alone have large amounts of spare cash lying around, especially in the world of Aviation. I assure you we have several team members out there searching everyday for that one paying big name sponsor, or even several small ones. The sponsors are just not out there as of yet. To this date most of our sponsors we have, end up trading their services for their name on the side of the plane. Thank goodness we have them. For example, we get the plane painted for free and we put Sherman Williams on the side.

If you think that if we can’t find that one big named sponsor and have to ask the Fans for support Lyle should just sell the plane or leave the sport. Get Real! Your asking one of the Legends of Air Racing to give up on something he has been working on his whole life. He didn’t get to be recognized as one of the best racers in Air Racing history by giving up. If anything you should be supporting/routing for the Rare Bear and its efforts, because we are more like the underdogs. We are poor boy racing in a rich mans sport. We are the blue collar race team getting together with their fans, thank goodness we have them, and putting a contender on the race course without the Millionaire owner/backers!

If you consider yourself a true Air Race Fan, you would see that the best thing for our sport today would be Sept Fury picking it up two notches, Voodoo putting it all together at once, Dago running as fast as ever, Strega to come out of it’s self imposed retirement at least one last time, toss in at least one surprise dark horse, and one Lyle Shelton’s Rare Bear grumpy from a long hibernation, for some of the best racing we have ever seen. No matter what it takes!

In the end it doesn’t really matter what you think, say or write. I don’t know what your beef is with AAFO.com or The Rare Bear race team is. I have witnessed that the Rare Bear and Lyle have some of the greatest and loyal fans of any sport. If we can’t find money by way of sponsorship and we are fortunate to have enough fans listening for our call for support. Then so be it. If you don’t like it then don’t listen, don’t throw in your support. Change the channel so to speak. Enough already, quit bagging on us, our unique sport already has enough stacked up against it to have a so-called Race Fan bring us down!

Roger
          How much Bear time do you have?

Comment

The whole rare bear thing snowballed, everybody was part of it and nobody pushed, prodded or lead an effort to produce it. there was users who wanted to help the bear and we sat here and watched.

And it helped the bear, but it didnt do anything to change what will be the outcome of the race. Dago wins by a prop.
            ECVSteve
            E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
            Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

Just a prop?

Yea, but she has to work real hard to stay THAT far ahead! I am a fan of both.
              Was a true Strega fan for years, mainly because I thought Tiger was a cool guy.
              Now? If they all stay together (have they ever?) It will be one hell of a race. If someone breaks, It will be business as usual. Dago / Rare Bear / Sept. Fury will lead everyone else around in a parade.
              I hope for a Dago, Bear, Sept. Fury shootout, but I've hoped for that scenario before!
              I say, GO to all of them!
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Fairness

Ok, I have been visiting this site and the others ever since the forum at AOL self distructed and for the most part have been leaving the post to those out were the action and the info is. So I speak up to say that if there is ANY news in the sport it will get posted and has been welcome to all of us in the background.

If I remember correctly this site followed MA II from the start and it was exciting to here the news.

There have been lots of post from the Critical Mass camp when there is news.

Miss America is kept up with and the list goes on.

If the main topic seems to Rare Bear then I am sure that is where the news is. If there was more, then it would be posted.

I like that fact that the wed sites work together and don't sneek to get the jump on the others. It is respectful and fresh.

I give everyone who keeps these sites going a salute and hope they continue.

Just remember that too many negative vibes will chase away the one thing we crave. Information.

Keep it up!

Jim

Comment

Since When..........

I am not taking up this clowns cause, but if you look at the post on this web site they are definately dominated by news, announcements and sabre rattling regarding Rare Bear. I am a race fan first and foremost and there are other happenings regarding The National Air Races. This site more than the others seems to be biased towards the Bear. Nothing wrong with that in my book. They deserve as much press as any other race team but how about we discuss other happenings related to the races. Possibly the progress with Miss A since her wing is presently being shipped to Oklahoma and the team burns the midnight oil to get the racer back on the ramp at Reno. Or maybe the fact that for the first time a Tigercat will compete at the races. No, Big Bossman will not turn 450+ MPH laps but it is an awesome sight to see her on the course. How about talking about the possiblity of Michael Brown sweeping the Unlimited class. Not likely, BUT possible since he is the first competitor to bring three racers to Reno. How about Jimmy Leeward brokering a deal with RARA to bring for the first time Golden Age Racers to this years event. What a once in a lifetime opportunity.
                  Discussing the Bears current fund raising campaign is an opportunity for the fans to help out one of the favorites at Reno while providing needed dollars for a competitive team. I just think there are a number of subjects that could be discussed without dominating the topics with raffle and beer sales info.

Dave

Comment

Wayne,
                    apparently you have to take more control of this site. I mean sir you have lost your control of it. we need political correctness! my defendent is not getting the recognition that he desires.
                    You have let a bunch of bear fans run away with your site and my plane doesn't even get a notice blah blah blah....

good god people if you have been here a day you know that this stuff ain't true.

Enough of this thread. how do i unsubsribe from a post....click green arrow.

every one else see ya elsewhere in the house.
                    ECVSteve
                    E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
                    Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

Re: Since When..........

Originally posted by paintboy
                      I just think there are a number of subjects that could be discussed without dominating the topics with raffle and beer sales info
                      And David, you sir have what... 2 posts to your credit here?

Feel free to jump right in, start a thread and make it happen my friend.

Wayne Sagar
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

personally, i agree that the bear takes up space that would be better applied to miss america, voodoo and the like. sure, bear's progress IS interesting, but i also really want to know about the other racers.

matt williams
                        heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Blah blah blah blah

Blah blah blah, blah Blah blah blah, Blah blah blah.

Wayne, if you don't like it, its your site, delete the post and get over it. I would prefer that we get over this "You won't even post your name" stuff, and talk about air racing. Besides whats in a name is it real? Who is Ben Dover, Phillip McCrevis, Joe Blow anyways?

Comment

I think part of the reason there is so much about Rare Bear is because there is so little information available about other racers. This site obviously has developed a relationship with the Bear crew, and we are lucky to have a little insight into the team. That said, I don't necessarily think the original poster was totally off base.

The web master is obviously passionate about this subject. I, however, was more than a little surprised by the thinly veiled threat to meet face to face at Reno. I've visited this site often and had come to expect a little more decorum than that. I'm pretty sure this is my 1st post to this board, or at least it's been a long time, so I'll understand if, like David, I'm viewed as unworthy of expressing an opinion.

I do want to go on record thanking all who make sites like this possible. For those of us who do not live in a hot bed of racing, this is the only thing that keeps up interest throughout the year. I also encourage everyone to support the Bear, and all the other racers in whatever way they can. It is amazing that we get to enjoy a sport that the participants have no chance of even breaking even. Think about that when you decide whether or not to buy another T-shirt.

Joe

Comment

Posting Quota.....

Gee Wayno,

I was not aware there was a minimum requirement layed down by your site before an individual could have an opinion. And since I did not fall into ranks behind you on the topic that puts me on the outside. You no nothing about me or what I prevy to in the way of infoprmation regarding this sport yet you wasted no time at tossing darts at me at the first opportunity. Well, I guess you are entittled since it is YOUR site. I guess the rest of us are merely posting for your amusement. By the way, as far as starting a thread I beleive I listed 3 or 4 in my last post. DO YOU HAVE ANY INFO REGARDING ANY OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel free to delete this post if you are so inclined as it really matters none to me.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X