Me-262

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me-262

John Penney test flew the Collings Me-262, on 6/2/11 from the Ione, Ca. Nice Video on Sanders website.

Re: Me-262

I'm curious..........that airplane, I believe was built from scratch and was flown a few years ago for just a few hours.......then headed to Sanders for a rebuild. What was done to her since she was basically new, and why? Does anyone know? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to find fault with anyone, I'm just curious what was done to her. Glad she's flying agian.
    Brian
    Last edited by supercub; 06-03-2011, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
      I'm curious..........that airplane, I believe was built from scratch and was flown a few years ago for just a few hours.......then headed to Sanders for a rebuild. What was done to her since she was basically new, and why? Does anyone know? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to find fault with anyone, I'm just curious what was done to her. Glad she's flying agian.
      Brian

I t would take several hours to list what had to be fixed on the 262 to make it a safe aircraft to fly. Sanders has done a fantastic job on fixing all the problems that the "new" aircraft had. I think that when the new build 262's were constructed, they copied all the flaw's that the original 262's had.

Comment

The Sanders do awesome work! It's going to be great to see this aircraft fly! I can't wait for it to hit the airshow circut. How many pilots currently have ME-262 time I wonder?

Race 29
        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Dennis offered that the "problems" were substantial for the dumbest of reasons. It seems that the builders of the left side did not coordinate with the builders of the right side. It was like your face - the left side squinty and the right open. One wing was lower with one angle and the other engine was set differently. Could it have been more of a Frankenstein? Dennis graciously directed me from his recent corrections of the Butcher Bird on how to balance my rehab project which favored right turns. A couple of Harbor Freight levels and plenty of shims did the trick. Thanks Dennis.

Comment

Working...
          X