No announcement yet.

New air racing and the lies they tell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New air racing and the lies they tell?

Check that site out, looks like they are ripping off the NCAR and making claims that they are the fastest, and only closed course racing with multiple planes. They even have ripped off the NCAR's "Gentlemen, you have a race".

Interested in what everyone else here thinks.

I edited the title because I felt the wording was a bit harsh.
    Last edited by Bob; 06-02-2011, 08:05 AM.

Re: New air racing and the lies they tell?

I think its great to have a new form of air racing that isnt a timed aerobatics race. And if there is an event close enough to go see I will be there. I just cant wrap my head around the claims to being the fastest motor sport etc etc. Perhaps their claims hold water if its considered a global event? Dont know.

Comment

Well, you have to love the statement, "Dont try this at home..."
      Frankly, I am flabergasted that we havent heard of this before or at least I havent if it took place in 2010. If there is no promotion or press coverage here or a booth at Reno or Oshkosh, so where are they going with this? I would be interested in hearing what the race pilots thought about the format, low altitude, etc....I am keeping an open mind. Maybe it will run along with the Rocket Racing league. Thanks for posting this.
      (I think the wording of the claims was done very carefully as to not be lies. For instance, all they say is that air racing is the fastest sport in the world, which is true. But you and I know its not THIS air racing.)
      Last edited by Coyote Chris; 06-02-2011, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Air Racing is the Fastest Sport in the World.......they aren't saying their event is the fastest, just that Air Racing is the Fastest, at least, that's the way I read it.
        Great, one more thing China is slowly grabbing from us.....we better watch out.
        Brian

Comment

I agree, that the wording is a blatant rip off of Reno. They are planning to hold a race somewhere in CA later this year if I heard correctly. I'm still not real sure what the format is, but judging by the video on their site it looks almost like the Red Bull deal with multiple planes.

Comment

Looks good to me. Since most of you have cars that cost more than racing planes, I would just wonder why there isn't more people jumping on the band wagon?

Chris...

Comment

Originally posted by stuntflyr View Post
              Looks good to me. Since most of you have cars that cost more than racing planes, I would just wonder why there isn't more people jumping on the band wagon?

Chris...
              Well for one, you don't have to spend 100k on getting your drivers license and all the ratings needed to race airplanes in order to drive my car. The airplane is the "cheap" part of that equation...

Comment

Interesting. I can't say I'm against it because I'm up for any form of air racing, but I feel they are steeling a bit of Reno's Thunder with how they present themselves.

Speaking of stealing, the three photos at the bottom of the home page are 100% from Reno. In fact the one on the left is mine. I think the middle one, which is reversed, is Chris Luvara's. I think that is a bit misleading.
                Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

A somewhat editorialized view.

UARC's First US Event Announced For August 20-21st In Camarillo, CA A press call and subsequent info released to ANN, Wednesday, about a new air raci| Published: Thu, Jun 02, 2011 | Aero-News Network

Comment

Well, "Mixed Martial Arts with Airplanes" does not sound like a good idea.
                    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

That is Chris's photo, and it is reversed. I'm sure Modo Mio is one of our photos also.

It's pretty bad when you use a photo with copyright and you leave it in, and it's reversed!!

Comment

Some of the crowd set backs look downright scary. They must be keeping them a whole 30-40 feet away from the race course.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                          Well for one, you don't have to spend 100k on getting your drivers license and all the ratings needed to race airplanes in order to drive my car. The airplane is the "cheap" part of that equation...
                          All one needs is a commercial single engine land. Hardly an accurate sum for that training.
                          Chris...

Comment

Actually, you only need your Private unless you are hired to fly for a team. But if you "run what you brung", no Commercial needed.

From watching the videos, I only see two (possibly three) Lancairs and one Pitts. So it looks a lot more like an exhibition as opposed to an all out race.

One can't compare crowd separations in China vs what we have here, one of the Red Bull Air Race issues were the large variance in allowable parameters from one regulating agency to the next. Races here in the US would have to abide by all air show regulations and FAR's that any other aerial exhibition does, no exceptions.

Interesting concept, however a number of warning signs are there for me. First off, Corkey is a man of integrity from what I've seen. If he said he's off the project, yet they still advertise him as a board member, that would give me cause for concern in regards to the whole program.
                            Last edited by eagledriver; 06-02-2011, 04:16 PM.
                            John Smutny

Comment

I sure would like to hear from Mr. Jackson on this.

My knee-jerk reaction is "bad news written all over it."
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Working...
                              X