Rare Bear speed record video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear speed record video?

Anyone have a link to video showing Rare Bear's speed record? pr links to any articles about the record? I've never read much about it.......I don't even know where it was done. Thanks
    Brian

Re: Rare Bear speed record video?

Probably no video online...but there is a VHS tape that has some cool footage of the run.

If you do a search on this site, or Warbird Aero Press, you'll find several threads on the record...a lot of them under the subject of Dago Red going for the record.

The record was done at the airport in Las Vegas, New Mexico in August of 1989. Two records were actually set. The first set broke the Red Baron's record by 'going over 500', and then a few days later they put it at almost 529. They knew that Tsunami would be making their much more publicized attempt two weeks later, so Lyle felt he needed to put a number up on the board that would theoretically put it out of the reach of Mr. Moneybags.

Right now, the only person who has held the straightaway record longer than Lyle is Fritz Wendell.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub
      Right now, the only person who has held the straightaway record longer than Lyle is Fritz Wendell.

Great statistic!

-Elliot

Comment

Another statistic is that Lyle was the only person to have set the record and held it for the rest of their life. 3Km straight and level = 528.329/1989. 3Km from standing start vertically = 9.19 Seconds/1972

BCIV
        John Slack

Comment

Is their a video of the climb record?

Comment

The Rare Bear crew was selling DVD copies of the record run a couple years ago. I've got a copy that was signed by Lyle. Maybe someone has a few copies left?

Race 29
            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
              The Rare Bear crew was selling DVD copies of the record run a couple years ago. I've got a copy that was signed by Lyle. Maybe someone has a few copies left?

Race 29
              Is there any way you can post that video here?

Comment

Not without the permission from the copyright owner. Not to sound like a jerk. I just can't post media material I don't own.

Race 29
                Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Not without the permission from the copyright owner. Not to sound like a jerk. I just can't post media material I don't own.

Race 29
                  No "Jerk" thoughts at all... that is entirely true and I very much appreciate your discretion! DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) complaints are taken VERY VERY seriously by web hosts and rightly or wrongly accused, a website which gets a DMCA complaint is "guilty until proven innocent" in such cases and can go by-bye very quickly if not removed in time... I think it's 24 hours after notification by the host... and if you're busy and don't get to your email often enough... well... I think you can see the potential problem.
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Race 29
                    Any way you can get permission?

Comment

Race 29
                      This help?

Comment

Originally posted by FENCELINER View Post
                        Is this DVD the one that has footage from both the speed and climb records?

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
                          Is this DVD the one that has footage from both the speed and climb records?
                          It has the speed record stuff but no time to climb stuff.
                          Jason
                          Jason Schillereff

Comment

Originally posted by Jason S. View Post
                            It has the speed record stuff but no time to climb stuff.
                            Jason
                            That's kind of wierd. You'd think they'd have all the stuff about the plane on there...

Comment

Please
                              Would someone who knows the source, please put him out of his misery so he can buy the damn thing and noone faces fines or charges?? Jes sayin'.
                              Last edited by ShermB; 06-21-2011, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X