Does anyone have a picture of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a picture of...

The drawing Lyle had done (I think on the tail) of a bear pissin' on a P-51?
    Any help would be Greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Does anyone have a picture of...

Originally posted by bulldawg66 View Post
    Any help would be Greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom
    This has been asked here a number of times and people have provided a picture.

Not being a dick, just letting you know if you search for the threads you will find them.

Comment

Sorry, I've tried searching the threads several different ways and have not been able to find it. Oh well, thanks for the advice anyway.

Tom

Comment

I have a good closeup I took for some reason, and could post it, but why spread the lie?

Comment

Originally posted by Lowell View Post
          I have a good closeup I took for some reason, and could post it, but why spread the lie?
          Bill Garnett
          InterstellarDust
          Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I thought the Bear is crushing the mustang but that was a long time ago my memory is fading Shawn

Comment

I told my 85 year old father about it and he wanted to see it - he flew Bearcats in the late 40's.

Tom

Comment

I told my 85 year old father about it and he wanted to see it - he flew Bearcats in the late 40's.

Tom
                  Crusher
                  Last edited by FENCELINER; 08-21-2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Doesnt look like a mustang......or piss on anything!

Comment

Just to stop dancing around the point, so far as I know there has never been a bear urinating on a Mustang on the tail of any of Lyle's Bearcat paint schemes.

The one of the Bear crushing the Mustang, pictured earlier, is the only one I know of.

Comment

There are two things being discussed here. The Bear crushing the Mustang was the artwork on the tail of 77 from '83-85.

But the question was about a DRAWING. I know what he's talking about, and yes, there are photos of it on this site.

Comment

Yes, the artwork of the bear pissin' was done on a piece of white paper. I recall seeing it here some time ago.

However, I must admit that I haven't been able to re-locate it myself, and I'm pretty good using forum search utilities. I'll keep searching and post if I find it.

Comment

Thanks to all for the help in searching! I was wrong about it being tail art, but I thought I remembered the picture. I showed the tail art to my Dad and he really got a kick out of it! As with many his age, he can't remember what he had for lunch yesterday, but his memories of his Navy years are vivid!

Thanks again,

Tom

Comment

Just a side-note about the artwork on the tail of 77, with the bear crushing the P-51 in it's paw....as I recall, that was a poke directed at John Crocker. Crocker and Lyle had been talking about something, and John made some off-handed remark about why even bothering (this was during the time when Lyle was still getting 77 back on it's feet after the accident at Mojave, and the first couple years were less-than-successful).

Suffice to say that it pi$$ed Lyle off enough to send John a message.

Comment

Working...
                              X