PRS Attendees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Attendees

Who is gonna be there? I'm not talking about you yahoos . What pilot/aircraft combos should be there? Steve/Strega? Jimmy/B26/Ghost? Who else needs time around the sticks?
    Last edited by Fence Sence; 05-17-2011, 08:53 AM.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Re: PRS Attendees

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
    Who is gonna be there? I'm not talking about you yahoos . What pilot/aircraft combos should be there? Steve/Strega? Jimmy/B26/Ghost? Who else needs time around the sticks?
    Strega doesn't need to go. The Ghost might if they want to test the boiler some more, but I would doubt they come. I don't see the B-26 showing up in Sept, so no need there either. I think any unlimiteds that show up will be stockers. My guess would be a couple of F1s / bipes / T6s, and a bunch of sport class and jets.

Comment

That's not a very fun answer Race 5. I'm looking for, "Jimmy is flying the 26 over and then running down to pick up the Ghost so that he can race Strega because Tiger has agreed to the bet and PRS is the perfect time to do it."

A fella can dream, can't he?

Comment

Da Bear will be there:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
          That's not a very fun answer Race 5. I'm looking for, "Jimmy is flying the 26 over and then running down to pick up the Ghost so that he can race Strega because Tiger has agreed to the bet and PRS is the perfect time to do it."

A fella can dream, can't he?
          I like your dream Fence. Is it still snowing in Reno?

Comment

No appreciable snow in Reno but, 2+ feet in the mountains in the last week. The sagebrush and grasses are going to be unruly come Sept. with all this water. Ahh, the green rolling hills of...Nevada?

Comment

Ahhh, each week a new layer on the pass. I've gotten to the point that I don't think I can drive over the hill anymore (twice a week) on a warm, dry road. Forgotten how.
              Is the Bear still at Stead? I was out there a while back and didn't see it anywhere, but a lot of hangers were closed. My son has been going out there and flying with a friend fairly often lately and also cannot find it. The people he is hanging with don't seem to know where it's gone either!
              I know it can't be THAT big a secret but after the ropes last year you never know.
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Leo, last time I was out a Stead (9 Apr) it was there.
                Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                My Photos
                My Ride

Comment

Guess ya gotta catch it at feeding time...
                  I had not heard anyting but board rumors about it leaving so figured it had to be there somewhere. If it was to go anywhere (Texas was the rumor) I figured it would be a somewhat "epic" flight and all over the net.
                  Thanks!
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                    I had not heard anyting but board rumors about it leaving so figured it had to be there somewhere. If it was to go anywhere (Texas was the rumor) I figured it would be a somewhat "epic" flight and all over the net.
                    Thanks!
                    If it had gone to Texas, it would have been by truck. There's no way it would have been flown that far in that condition. It has been in Stead though, and has had a fair amount of re-working done. Hopefully they can give Voodoo a good race for second place this year as the witch drives off in the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                      Thanks!
                      Leo, there's actually quite a story behind the "almost move"... Out of respect for those involved, I've been sitting on my fingers... it's a story that truly deserves to be told and hopefully, someday will be..

I can say... unofficially, Bear stays at Reno.. Stays boil-off and will likely be faster than ever come September.

I'm still on the fence (financially, I have no business going) about PRS... I can make it, but it puts RENO in serious question unless something else happens to bring in a few bux to the system.
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                      X