More air race forums/sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More air race forums/sites

Are there anymore forums dedicated to air racing. It's something I'd love to get involved in, though not necessarily pylon racing....air racing was the reason I got into aviation.

Thing is, there's not a lot of places where it can be discussed other than here.

Re: More air race forums/sites

And why is that a problem? Isn't this forum sufficient?

Besides, If there were more racing forums, we might miss something posted there but not here...

Just kidding. There are a few places. Just use Google and search under AIR RACING FORUM to locate them.

Comment

[QUOTE=gcd89;87613]Are there anymore forums dedicated to air racing. It's something I'd love to get involved in, though not necessarily pylon racing....air racing was the reason I got into aviation.

You might try:

They stage races in various areas, and are timed, not around pylons. There is one coming up in WA this month or next.

Comment

I wonder if 'Pylon 1' will show up as a search hit? That was the website that got me interested in air racing. There was a video linked on the site of a roundy taxiing by that sounded mean - meaner than any of the sprint car engines I mess with. Glad 'Pylon 1' still lives on in another form.

Hope I don't get flamed for this, but another air racing site is WAP. Occaisonally, WIX has some air racing topics. Good luck and welcome!

Tommy

Comment

I thought this site used to be Pylon 1?
          I've been having trouble logging into WAP, but WIX does have a small air racing section.

Comment

Originally posted by race9 View Post
            I've been having trouble logging into WAP, but WIX does have a small air racing section.
            You're right, and that's why I said "Glad 'Pylon 1' still lives on in another form." i.e. just happens to be this form. Wasn't trying to be cryptic.

Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by gcd89 View Post
              You might try:
              http://sportracing.org
              Did you mean http://www.sportairrace.org/

Here's the calendar of events for the Sport Air Racing League - http://www.sportairrace.org/id4.html

I'm going to the one in Galveston this weekend.
              Dave Adams
              Long EZ N83DT
              Race 83

Comment

Originally posted by race9 View Post
                It's not that this site used to be Pylon1.com, Mark "Cobra" Kallio and I just decided that we worked well together and merged the domains.. Some of you early guys will remember that Mark and I originally made aafo.com together, he later branched off with the brilliantly named pylon1.com domain, had some really good content that, hopefully, someday before we both are old men, (I'm officially old this year tho.... 60 happens... soon... )

I really am working on trying to get this site more current and, hopefully, bring some folks back who used to visit regularly, as well as bring more new viewers to the sport.. I think there is little question that the various sites that do promote NCAR in September at Reno, Nevada and Pylon School at the same site (Reno Stead) in June have "put butts in seats" for the event...

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                X