Silly Season - Yes or No....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Season - Yes or No....

O.K. I'm chomping at the bit for new information. I know it's before PRS, but there are too many other pilots and aircraft that have already been qualified who, hopefully, will show up in September.

What's the status of Czech Mate? Will Sherm be around this year? What kind of mods? He was already over 450 two years ago. Can (or will) he eclipse the Buick as the plane waiting in the wings for the big boys to crap themselves out?

Will Furias be able to hang with, or surpass the Buick? (Corncobs + aerodynamics = fun times for all!)

Galloping Ghost - ???? Many beers and talk shall ensue before she gets to run on Sunday!

Voodoo - as far as I'm concerned, get rid of the belly cooler and we've got a record contender.

Bear? Two, no - four words. No, six words. Lyle Shelton, Rod Lewis, JOHN PENNEY! Bring it, Strega! (Sorry, my hormones are talking right now)

Strega - The best P-51 racer around now. Period, end of story. Steven, God Bless you for continuing what us fans live for 364 days every year.

However, watch your back in that sleek-ass 51 - one of these days there's gonna be a BIG ASS round motor breathing down your neck! (Might be this year - If my research is correct, the genus Ursidae is a natural predator of Equus)

My Bear is so Rare that it's bloody!

Tom

Re: Silly Season - Yes or No....

I'm not so sure losing the belly scoop would gain that much for Voodoo. I guess we'll see what GG has when it's all said and done.

I can't remember which site I heard what on, so I apologize in advance.

September Fury might be on its way back. Word is Rod Lewis is looking for a motor. While I think she's just too heavy to compete with the likes of the mustangs and Rare Bear, she's always going to push the pack, and I mean really push it. If I could have one wish for air racing, other than safe clean races, this would be it - to see and hear 232 rounding the pylons again.

With all due respect to Strega, I still think a healthy Rare Bear is the plane to beat.

That being said, I'm predicting a 3-peat for Steve Jr. I mean a healthy Rare Bear?! Tell me another one!

That being said, I wouldn't be suprised to see Galloping Ghost take the whole thing. As far as I'm concerned everyone should be keeping a close eye on this very fast mustang.

I'm really interested to see if Furias makes it this year. This is essentially 232 with a 4360. Will the extra HP be able to overcome the extra weight and get her over 500? Only time will tell!

What about Dan Martin and Ridge Runner III? You can't count him out either!

Will Nemesis be back!?

Will Relentless be back?!

Will GP-5 be back?!

Will Unleashed be back?!

Enquiring minds want to know!

Comment

IMHO

GG is going to be a real eye opener this year.

Comment

Enthusiasm!!...

I love you guys! (and gals)! Does seem like it's getting closer and closer to SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Strega - Faster than ever "IF" needed
          Czech Mate - New everything for 2012

Sani-Hut Rumored to have sold the P-82 project joining forces with, and putting an all out effort into Wildfire
          I'm tellin ya sh!t's really gonna hit the fanblades there!
          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by mrcraigarcher View Post

...With all due respect to Strega, I still think a healthy Rare Bear is the plane to beat.

That says it all. When running fine, Rare bear can be a wicked opponent.

But that works 2 ways. A racing Bearcat is a rare plane indeed, but a HEALTHY Rare Bear has been an even rarer bird in many past racing seasons. Let's hope all is tuned, tightened and "tuff enuff" to go a full race week and win the gold.

The plane can do it...The pilot can do it.....Just pray the big round thingy up front can do it too.

Comment

I'm not so sure losing the belly scoop would gain that much for Voodoo. I guess we'll see what GG has when it's all said and done.

I can't remember which site I heard what on, so I apologize in advance.

September Fury might be on its way back. Word is Rod Lewis is looking for a motor. While I think she's just too heavy to compete with the likes of the mustangs and Rare Bear, she's always going to push the pack, and I mean really push it. If I could have one wish for air racing, other than safe clean races, this would be it - to see and hear 232 rounding the pylons again. Snow ball's chance in heck of that happening this year

With all due respect to Strega, I still think a healthy Rare Bear is the plane to beat. HAHAHA...no

That being said, I'm predicting a 3-peat for Steve Jr. I mean a healthy Rare Bear?! Tell me another one! Right on!

That being said, I wouldn't be suprised to see Galloping Ghost take the whole thing. As far as I'm concerned everyone should be keeping a close eye on this very fast mustang. Won't make it past Friday...if that

I'm really interested to see if Furias makes it this year. This is essentially 232 with a 4360. Will the extra HP be able to overcome the extra weight and get her over 500? Only time will tell! Maybe....but doubtful

What about Dan Martin and Ridge Runner III? You can't count him out either! Isn't coming

Will Nemesis be back!? No

Will Relentless be back?! With a vengance and a HUGE motor

Will GP-5 be back?! Supposed to be

Will Unleashed be back?! No idea...

Enquiring minds want to know!

Comment

You're all wrong. Sparky will win Silver, bump to Gold and be the last one standing. The Easter Bunny told me. (Heck, I'm a fan and if Suzy Q could do it so can Brant and Steve).
                All things considered I think Strega will be the one to beat.
                I would like to see Voodoo finally get the win they have worked so hard for over the years, and it would be cool to see what GG can do when it really counts.
                As was said earlier, it is damn hard to beat a healthy Bear but it has not been all that healthy of late.
                Smooter Scooter has always been one of my favorites. He always seems to be in the right place at the end. Win? Not unless he is the fastest survivor but a great placing with the leaders is a good bet.
                I think the days of the corncob Fury's are past as far as leading the pack, but to see two of them probably neck and neck will be a thrill. I can't wait for THAT rumble as they pass bye!
                Of course, a slightly mis-adjusted thingy here or a stuck widget there and everything changes. I just hope all classes finish safely and get to fly home Monday.
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

GG's true performance is still a mystery. I wouldn't assume anything at this point. We have NO real evidence.

With all the Sea Furies missing GG got into the Gold last year by beating a bunch of very Bronze Silver Class racers last year. Any Gold class Mustang airframe with a go-home motor can do that, frankly.

Will she be as fast as Strega? Most likely, but for how long? She hasn't pushed her systems really hard in race conditions yet.

We didn't even see a qualifying lap last year. The top end is still a mystery. I want to see her do well, but none of it is supportable by "science."

I don't think Voodoo needs a scoop-ectomy to win. It's more or less a Strega sibling, Will's dialed in on the course, their engine program is viable and there's always the Kerch factor.
                  Last edited by Propellerhead; 04-28-2011, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Irrespective of the winds on Sunday, Reno 2010 was a huge disappointment due to the MIA radials.

Can't wait to see Matt in Furias. I love the Buick, happy to see Argo. flying with the 2800, really-really miss 232, but Furias may be my new favorite this year!

Does anyone know the status and/or likely appearance for Reno 2011 of the following?

Fury

Spirit of Texas

Riff Raff

Sawbones

Bad Attitude

Pardue's Bearcat

Czech Mate

Comment

Originally posted by KB Adkins View Post
                      Irrespective of the winds on Sunday, Reno 2010 was a huge disappointment due to the MIA radials.

Can't wait to see Matt in Furias. I love the Buick, happy to see Argo. flying with the 2800, really-really miss 232, but Furias may be my new favorite this year!

Does anyone know the status and/or likely appearance for Reno 2011 of the following?

Fury

Spirit of Texas

Riff Raff

Sawbones

Bad Attitude

Pardue's Bearcat

Czech Mate
                      Fury NO

Spirit of Texas Maybe? I hope so anyway

Riff Raff NO

Sawbones Not sure what the status of that one is

Bad Attitude NO

Pardue's Bearcat NO

Czech Mate That's the plan. I certainly hope they make it.
                      [/QUOTE]

Comment

Just answered one of my questions. Checked out the Riff Raff site on Facebook, where the news is that Riff Raff has been sold and is on her way to Europe.

Major bummer

Comment

september?

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                          Enthusiasm!!...

I love you guys! (and gals)! Does seem like it's getting closer and closer to SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!
                          don't forget June....no word yet on the PRS attendees but I think we will be happy......PRS is great fun cause it reminds me of the good ole days when it was a bit less hectic on the ramp!

Comment

Update on Sawbones via the owner Robin Crandall -- they'll know in a week or two if they'll be at Reno this year. Keep your fingers crossed! We need more Sea Furies in 2011!

Comment

So why you all dissin The Galloping Ghost? Cant we spread some love here? The planes fast! As cool looking as any of the others, rather mysterious, I say that because who has seen it at full tilt boogie? Its also flown by a great pilot with alot of race time. I paced the wings of GG, strega and Voodoo. They are pretty much the same (very un-scientific I know). I would have used a tape measure but I didnt think the teams would like me doing that.

So I ask.......Where is the love folks?

Comment

Working...
                              X