Update on Furias?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Furias?

Maybe Mr. Matt Jackson could update us on FURIUS?

Kevin
    Last edited by FuryFan; 04-23-2011, 10:53 PM. Reason: text formatting

Re: Update on Furius?

I am very happy to say that Furias is getting close. The new race canopy is in place and the final touches are being completed on the engine installation. I wish I could show some pictures, but I have been threatened with being hung if I do. Apparently the race crew want to keep everything very top secret. It took me literally months to get photo's to look at myself. I am headed up this mext week to have a look first hand myself. I can say that this plane is a piece of art and race fans will not be dissappointed I assure you. The crew has done an incredible job constructing one of the most awesome race machines out there or certainly one that I have ever seen. Loyd would have been very proud to see what his dream machine has become. God willing she should lay some pretty impressive numbers on the race course. I just hope I can hang on tight enough to make it around the course with this beauty, she is spectacular to look at and should go like the wind AKA (Mariah). I am not sure when the first flight will take place as the last 10% takes the longest time to get done. I can't tell you guys how excited I am getting to fly this plane. I am confident that Furias will be at Reno and ready to rock come race day. My goal is try and make a race out of it with the likes of Strega, Voodoo, Rarebear, GG and Ridge Runner and the lot. Time will tell!!! God only knows that ill try and give her my best. It won't be because I didn't use all I had on the handle. I am now just headed out the door for my nightly walk to get some pounds off for Reno. I still have to fit in that little cockpit as that little race canopy makes it pretty tough for a guy my size and it is tiny let me ell you. The only thing you see when the canopy is closed is hair teeth and eye-balls. Someone on the crew said it looked like Jaba the Huts going air racing. I say stand-by for some serious racing race fans, this should be pretty exciting for all of us. Hopefully it will be the fastest a guy my size will have gone around the race course ever!!!!. My goal is to show that plus size guys can go fast too with all the skinny mini's out there already.

Comment

For those that missed it in the other thread, Evan got a few shots of Furias last weekend. http://evanflys.com/sanders_aeronautics
      Looks like it is in the 90% done %75 to go stage. I hope they make it, but it looks like a lot to get done in time.

Comment

Thanks for the rapid reply Matt. Looking forward to seeing her flying the pylons again.........the last time I saw her racing was 2000. Good luck.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
          For those that missed it in the other thread, Evan got a few shots of Furias last weekend. http://evanflys.com/sanders_aeronautics
          Looks like it is in the 90% done %75 to go stage. I hope they make it, but it looks like a lot to get done in time.
          looking good. Canopy looks nice.

Comment

I think Evan was able to get a look at Argonaut and not Furias.

Comment

Originally posted by airtj View Post
              I think Evan was able to get a look at Argonaut and not Furias.

http://www.furias.com/
              Unless they stripped the paint off Argo and installed a 4360 and a race canopy, tneh that is definately Furias in a couple of his pics at the link I posted........

Comment

Unless they stripped the paint off Argo and installed a 4360 and a race canopy, tneh that is definately Furias in a couple of his pics at the link I posted........
                Yeah, there is NO DOUBT that Evan has at least two pictures of Furias in his gallery...unless they have taken September Fury back, stripped the paint off of it, and mounted a Corncob on the front of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                  Yeah, there is NO DOUBT that Evan has at least two pictures of Furias in his gallery...unless they have taken September Fury back, stripped the paint off of it, and mounted a Corncob on the front of it.
                  Ah man, why didn't think of that angle. THAT would have been a good rumor...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jackson View Post
                    I wish I could show some pictures, but I have been threatened with being hung if I do. Apparently the race crew want to keep everything very top secret. It took me literally months to get photo's to look at myself.
                    Whups... Sorry Matt... I didn't realize there were links to photos on the site, I respect team "security" and have literally chewed fingers off in year's past when I had photos of yet-to-be-revealed racers and had been "asked" not to publish until ready...

As for Evan, I know you and your Dad's hearts are in the right place... but.. A lot of guys work really hard on these things and THEY want to be the folks to bring it out.. you really should ask permission when you post pix of projects in progress..

Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

B-R-I-N-G I-T!!!
                      "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Re: Update on Furias?

I'm Furius?.....Furias?......Furious at myself for spelling her name incorrectly!!!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by sierra fox View Post
                          B-R-I-N-G I-T!!!
                          Yeah. Imagine the smoke winder show with that much horsepower behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                            As for Evan, I know you and your Dad's hearts are in the right place... but.. A lot of guys work really hard on these things and THEY want to be the folks to bring it out.. you really should ask permission when you post pix of projects in progress..

We did and Brian and Dennis told us to make ourselves at home and go ahead and take photos. I'll e-mail them and ask them if they want me to remove some of the photos.

Evan
                            http://evanflys.com/

Comment

Re: Update on Furias?

If Dennis and Brian told you "take photos" its a non issue on the pictures. Dont worry about it.

Matt J

Comment

Working...
                              X