Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leeward Challenges Tiger

Just got the new Sport Aviation.

6 page spread on the ghost. Leeward says he'll give Tiger 10 grand to come back and fly Strega, so he can race the man and the machine.

HERE

That is so awesome!

Who said the sport was dead?

Elliot

Re: Leeward Challenges Tiger

Originally posted by laminar View Post
    Just got the new Sport Aviation.

6 page spread on the ghost. Leeward says he'll give Tiger 10 grand to come back and fly Strega, so he can race the man and the machine.

HERE

That is so awesome!

Who said the sport was dead?

Elliot
    Sure...how about a "Skins-Game" on Saturday night after the show is over? $10K a piece for a 4 lap trophy dash between the two of them.

The problem here is that I don't think Tiger has anything left to prove...

Comment

iiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee

I'll toss in $20 to see a 4 lap dash for cash.

It'll never happen though........
      '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

My money would be on Tiger!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
          My money would be on Tiger!

Steve
          Hands down!
          "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

The actions don't fit the words.
            Chris...

Comment

It will be interesting to see how much faster/quicker Strega is this year
              http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
              http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer View Post
                It will be interesting to see how much faster/quicker Strega is this year
                As in faster than it has been in past years, or faster than everyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                  Sure...how about a "Skins-Game" on Saturday night after the show is over? $10K a piece for a 4 lap trophy dash between the two of them.

The problem here is that I don't think Tiger has anything left to prove...
                  Well put Jim, Tiger has nothing to prove, Leeward knows that or he wouldn't be offering money. There are a lot worse ways to try to get the lion (or tiger) out of his cave. I think money on the table is a relatively classy way to do it.

way cool,
                  Elliot

Comment

I would have to check and see to make sure, but I believe the ONLY time in history that Tiger in N71FT has raced against Jimmy in N79111 would be the Friday Gold Heat Race in 1986. I do remember that Jimmy DNS the Saturday heat, and therefore was regulated to the Silver on Sunday.

Jimmy bought N79111 in 1983. Tiger 'assumed' flying duties of Strega in 1986. Jimmy wasn't there in '87 when Tiger won. Jimmy WAS there in '88, but Tiger blew two engines and failed to qualify. Both were there in '89, but Jimmy was running a stock motor borrowed from Mr. Moneybags...so was in the Bronze. Jimmy put the plane into storage after Reno.

So 1986 has to be the only year that a prior head-to-head matchup was even possible.

Comment

Does anyone know what stores carry this magazine???

Comment

You have to be an EAA member to get it.

Comment

Here is a copy to the online article.

Sport Aviation online provides the most reliable business, technology and operational insight and analysis for the global commercial air transport industry.

Comment

I definitely wanna see this! After the Gold on Sunday we'll get to see who has the fastest P-51. The Bear will be celebrating his latest win, and Tiger and Jimmy (who finished second behind the Bear) will tear it up, break it down, and give us the best damned down and dirty - throw it on the deck at 500+ MPH race that this planet has ever seen!

There is no substitute for cubic inches - especially when certain gaseous substances are introduced into the intake system!

Bring it on, Jimmy!

Tom

Comment

But after running on Sunday, assuming both aircraft run well, will anything be left for a real contest? How long does it take to properly turn around a hot (as in just flogged around the course) unlimited for another run?
                              I seem to remember that Skip and Dago were slated to go out and do a 500 mph lap one year after the final. he got off the ground, and luckily back onto it in one piece and that was about all.
                              Neither would want to chance a hard run during race week and risk blowing the championship for a $10,000 grudge match I would think.
                              More fun to put em in a couple of fairly matched stockers, limit the boost they can use and see who can get around who for a few laps on pilot ability.
                              Not in my mustang though (if I had one). I believe they would be so competitive that something would have to break!
                              Would be something to see!
                              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                              X