This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note to those who are trying to sign up for membership

I had to temporarily pull the plug on the automated new member feature on this message board software... We were getting inundated with phony membership applications sent from all over the world. Most likely, NOT from all over the world, but via open proxy servers, all over the world...

Anyway, for anyone who is serious about joining so they can partake in the discussions, emailing me via the links here and there will get the job done... not instantly, unfortunately...

I've already added so many layers of protection to keep out riff-raff and SPAMMERS, a human verification feature, valid email necessary, "probation" period for new members, etc, etc... But the siege goes on and I got tired of manually removing all the bogus applications.. So I'm gonna try the "turn it off" method for a bit and see if whomever/whatever (might be a "bot" doing it) might go away!!

Tanks for understanding!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Note to those who are trying to sign up for membership

Wayne-

Sorry you have to deal with all that!

Spammers,crammers,and jammers.

It's the modern electronic world we now live in.

Many THANKS to you for your hard work and dedication to this GREAT site.

I'm sure many others feel the same way.Sorry to say I don't say how much I appreciate the effort it takes to keep this going.

Thanks again Wayne and keep up the great work.

Brian

Comment

Thanks Brian,

It's really a labor of love... It's been almost, jeez, my in head math sux lately... but, like over 13 years since we started this site in 1997!

I was pretty slow to accept message boards, partly because of the maintenance they require to keep the peace, etc... but it really is a good thing for the sport of Air Racing... I am not planning on croaking anytime soon (knock on wood!) and have yet to create a will, but.. I have some retirement funds (emphasis on some... keep those donations coming!) set aside and instructions have been given to the person who is the beneficiary of my "estate"... and this site will go on for as long as possible (probably many years) after I do finally pass..

It's THAT important to me...
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I second BKB in all he says.
        Wayne your message sounds a little sad to me, we hope you always be there. You fill a great space in our lifes through this webpage.

Comment

Originally posted by taglialavore View Post
          I second BKB in all he says.
          Wayne your message sounds a little sad to me, we hope you always be there. You fill a great space in our lifes through this webpage.
          I'll be pretty darn sad if I can't make it!! It's just a matter of economics tho... We don't have the calendars this year and the income from my commission for sales on them had paid the way for the last couple years.. That and the loss of a few web clients, has just created a situation where I am staring at not having enough dollars to go...

I'm not quite to the point of greeter at Wally world or "do you want to supersize that" yet...

I am workin on it tho!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
          X