A26 Invader over Napa this afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A26 Invader over Napa this afternoon

Anyone know anything about the a26/B26 that made a pass over Napa about 5:00 this afternoon. It looked like it came from the south and made a left turn and headed west. I was out for a bike ride an only saw it for a moment. Was this the one from Santa Rosa?

Will

Re: A26 Invader over Napa this afternoon

There are two flyable at Santa Rosa on the ramp as I type this... Both bare metal with stars and bars...

Comment

Really? Thats cool, I didn't know there were two of them over there let alone any flyable. The one I saw last year at the Santa Rosa airshow looked like it was a long way from flying. The one I saw fly over had tip tanks, I can't remember if the Santa Rosa one had tip tanks or not. I couldn't make out a color as it was in silhouette. Either way it made my day to see.

Will

Comment

I got a glimpse of it as it was fliyng into the sun. Thought it was an S-2, too early for CDF air tanker and they all have turbines now. There an S-2w/radials still at the Nut Tree.

Comment

my dad was at stead last weekend and saw one up here. Shawn

Comment

I've seen an E-2 over M.V. twice in the last week.

At first glance I thought it was a B-25 until it turned and I saw 4 tails instead of 2 and then heard the turbines. From my angle below I could not see the dome until it was farther away.

Comment

I'm 99.9% sure it was an A26. I saw it in a bank and the silhouette had the same wing profile and the fuselage was longer and skinnier than an S2. Not to mention that a pair of R2800s have a pretty unique sound. I was looking around for a pair of F4Us or Bearcats.

Will

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flyin 220.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	224166

I was just hanging around outside today and saw a B-29 attacked by a Zero.

Steve
                Last edited by Reever; 04-10-2011, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
                  [ATTACH]16620[/ATTACH]

I was just hanging around outside today and saw a B-29 attacked by a Zero.

Steve
                  that is a cool pic for sure.... always good to see Fifi flying
                  race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Name:	Flyin 462.jpg
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	224167

Name:	Flyin 444.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	224168

More "FI FI" from today and a little trouble from yesterday.

Steve

Comment

The one that is always at Santa Rosa is being worked on so may not quite be airworthy...But there is another on the main ramp ( or there was late last week anyway) that I have not seen there before...It is definitely a flyer...Very nice condition and again was not there a few days before.

Comment

Working...
                      X