• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Super Sport

Any Super Sport news?

Is Jon bringing Nemesis back?

Relentless?

I suspect Blue Thunder II and Bad Intentions will be back.

Others?
    Jeff

Re: 2011 Super Sport

Originally posted by boom3 View Post
    Any Super Sport news?

Relentless?

Others?
    Super Sport is being combined back in with Sport Class in 2011. The rules are being tweaked so that the Super Sport guys can race as is. No idea if Jon will ever be back. Relentless? dunno. The GP-5 will be back with some refinements.

Comment

Jon is still 50/50 on if he is goin
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I'm glad to hear the GP-5 will be back! I missed it last year because I didn't get there until Friday.
        Jeff

Comment

What is causing Jon and Nemisis to not want to race?

Comment

Also, what about #33 and those other NXTs we've been hearing about the last couple of years? The Sport Class had been making great advances the last few years and now seems to be loosing some momentum...
            Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
              Also, what about #33 and those other NXTs we've been hearing about the last couple of years? The Sport Class had been making great advances the last few years and now seems to be loosing some momentum...
              I think the "other" NXT's have mostly been built for other purposes besides racing. The French are supposed to be bringing their diesel powered one. I believe #33 is coming. There is a lot of interest from new guys coming to PRS, but mostly slower airplanes (Harmon Rockets etc) that are lured back by the fact there will be a bronze group again.

Comment

Originally posted by boom3 View Post
                Any Super Sport news?

Relentless?

Others?
                I have seen activity in the Nemesis hangar over the last couple months. The pink NXT has been on the ramp multiple times with the prop turning.

Maybe Jon wants to concentrate on setting records that are recognized throughout the world, not just at Reno...

Comment

I thought Jon and Patty moved to Marana, AZ a while back. Did they move their home and leave the AC operations at Mohave?
                  Sky Critter

Comment

Jon Sharp

Comment

Yep. I've seen the info on the Nemesis web site but the previous post from DoubleWasp said he's seen the AC on the ramp. His location indicates he's in CA. I thought that the plans may have changed and they didn't make the move to Tucson since there's been no updates on the web site since last year's races. It sounds like there is activity whereever the plane is located which is great news.

Best wishes to the Nemesis team and family in whatever they decide to do this year!
                      Sky Critter

Comment

Prediction: In Racing, Records are made to be broken. Development does not stand still, 2011 will be a year of some new speed records.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Quest View Post
                          Prediction: In Racing, Records are made to be broken. Development does not stand still, 2011 will be a year of some new speed records.
                          Second place set the pace. I don't think any records will be broken any time soon.

Comment

A couple of years ago, there was mention (rumor?) that AeroChia was building a NXT for Greenamyer. Anything ever happen with that or is there any new "go fast" stuff on #33?

Who will challenge the egg this year?
                            Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
                              A couple of years ago, there was mention (rumor?) that AeroChia was building a NXT for Greenamyer. Anything ever happen with that or is there any new "go fast" stuff on #33?

Who will challenge the egg this year?
                              The NXT at AeroChia was for another customer, not Greenamyer. The engine program never materialized and it is sitting unfinished.

Comment

Working...
                              X