my little ultralight trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my little ultralight trip

just got home from a pretty epic little journey, took an ultralight from midland to a cow pasture about 40 miles south of dallas , total flight time about 7.5 hrs covered almost 400 miles average speed 55/65 mph, took my 12 yo son along he flew about half the trip. we left midland and flew about 30 miles and landed on a dry lake bed so I could get rid of the mornin coffee then on to big spring got gas, then past the magical windmill forest to sweetwater tx home of the wasp museum where we got gas, we were on the way to abilene when we spotted a little rc flyin field, the guys were waving at us so we landed and talked for a spell then back in the air to a little airport just north of abilene where guess what we got gas, it also had a small caf museum ,next leg to eastland was spent over I-20 well I guess the whole trip has been spent over I-20 watchin semi trucks outrun us,we landed at eastland and got gas and a coke, left eastland headed for stephenville which took us for the first time away from the road but with a little corner of a wac chart and an iphone we made it,and got gas, stephenville has some of the best bbq in the state and they leave golf carts at the airport for pilots to use , o and free beer on tap no **** ,left the free beer headed for hillsboro with the iphone leading the way, an hr later we got there and got gas, last part of the trip was prob the hardest I had to find a cow pasture in the middle of nowhere but with the trusty iphone we found it,cant say that I would do it again but it was super fun to do once.
    Last edited by f1-69; 05-24-2012, 09:43 AM.

Re: my little ultralight trip

That looks like fun, though a little frightening being totally exposed like that and with that incredibly unobstructed view. That's just me.

Comment

Neat! Did you get any pix of the WASP museum or the CAF museum at Elmdale? Would like to see.

Comment

Good practice run for the flight out to PRS in June
        Russ
        Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Working...
        X