Yak 3 at San Martin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yak 3 at San Martin?

As I was headed south on 101 this morning on my way to an autocross in Marina I passed San Martin airport and thought I saw a Yak 3 parked out on the ramp. On my return trip The tail looked Yak like, but I couldn't tell for sure. Was that a Yak or a Sukohi of some sort? Its sort of cool seeing the B25 parked out there, but I kinda feel bad for it sitting out in the elements.

Will

Re: Yak 3 at San Martin?

How far away from the bomber was the (potential) Yak sitting? I'll look for it next time I run down there. I know nothing like that was at South County last week.

Comment

Its down at the other end, where the P51 was parked for a while. Is on the northern most row (closest to the hangers), perhaps two or three down from the runway. It was raining pretty hard both times I went past so it was kinda hard to tell.

Will

Comment

I saw it a couple of weeks ago, it looked like a Yak 55 to me.
        Red
        chanting...400+

Comment

It is a Yak 50.

Comment

A Yak 50. Nice. Like I said, it was kinda hard to see while I was driving/hydroplaning down 101 yesterday. It looked kinda like a Yak 3, was a tail dragger, so I figured it wasn't a Nankang or Yak 52. Thanks for identifying that.

Will

Comment

Working...
            X