• Show
Clear All

• Dammit, more prayers.......

Just saw this on another site......

Prayers....

Re: Dammit, more prayers.......

Saw that too. Speechless.
    Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
    Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

What a shame. Being a supercub owner, I really enjoyed watching videos of his supercub act, what a pilot. If I read it correctly they survived, but are in critical condition. My prayers and thoughts are sure with them.
      Brian

Comment

An update, from their Facebook page.

All, Please forward this letter on to who ever you see fit... Good morning all. Let me first express on behalf of Amanda, Kyle, Myself and both of our families so many thanks for all of your prayers and well wishes. We are all so fortunate to have s...uch a wonderful support network in all of you. We are still waiting for updates and it could be many hours, days, or weeks before we know exactly how the recovery process will play out between Amanda and Kyle. I can however report that Kyle was not injured and or burned as badly as reported earlier by the media and is expected to make a full and rapid recovery. I can also say that the updates we are receiving on Amanda are increasingly optimistic and though she has a long road of recovery ahead of her, the doctors are giving us the impression that things are not as bad as first reported and her chances for a full recovery are getting better not worse. The first 24 hours will set the tone for the story ahead. I also have to extend a very sincere thanks to my brother-in-law Kyle who I strongly credit for the fact that my little sister is still with us. Having witnessed the accident and being on of the first on the scene, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that he made no less than five quick decisions in the air and on the ground that gave her a second chance at life!! When the engine quit, Amanda was on the top wing in the rack. Kyle continued to fly the airplane in a straight and level fashion as long as he could to give Amanda every opportunity to unstrap and get into the front cockpit where she would have the best chance in the event of a hard landing. He also resisted the tendency to turn for the pavement which typically induces a fatal stall/spin situation. He avoided a landing in the pyro field which could have proven to be fatal, and faced with the only other option of land in mesquite woods, Kyle landed into the wind drastically reducing the forward speed at impact. Upon reaching the scene, I noticed that he set the airplane down in the only Waco sized piece of ground in that dense woods that didn't have tall trees in it. Kyle sustained the majority of his burns trying to pull his wife from the wreckage and when his efforts produced no results, he stayed in the cockpit and transmitted a repeating distress call about the post impact fire that had started. I honestly believe this motivated the rapid responders to press through the brush and douse the airplane at a more rapid rate which meant the split second difference that saved Amanda, who was still in the plane. The first responders on the scene did an excellent job of responding to the situation in a rapid manner. Having a professional air boss teamed up with professional CFR personnel made a world of difference that could be the single most important factor that both Amanda and Kyle are still with us. Please continue to send your thoughts and prayers this direction because we sincerely believe they are helping. I will pass updates along as I receive them. Sincerely Matt
        By: Younkin Airshows

Comment

Thoughts & Prayers to both families & friends.Sounds like he made the best of a lousy situation.
          Lockheed Bob

Comment

I hope they both heal quickly and as painlessly as possible.

Youtube now has a video of the incident. You can see when the plane loses power via the reactions of the airshow smoke trail and what appears to be flames emerging from the exhaust. The plane drops into bushes in the distance.

Please remove the video link if it's found to be too disturbing to anyone.

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w9Dw6-YAXtM[/YT]

Comment

There is a link here for those who want to help.

Welcome to Amanda and Kyle's CaringBridge website. We've created it to keep friends and family updated about their status. Feel free to sign the guest book.

Comment

Looks like he did a good job, not much time to think there and I bet that plane has a pile of drag with that bracket and all on it. I hope they both make a full recovery, and get back to flying.

Comment

BTW Kyle is giving updates on Facebook. Looks like thinks are getting better but a long road.

Almost forgot. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/f....flying.circus
                  Last edited by wyhdah; 03-17-2011, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X