Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few prayers folks.......

Re: A few prayers folks.......

I think I saw that plane at Pacific Fighters when I visited in 07.

Comment

The wreckage has been located by air in the mountains along the Utah border. Crews are still trying to get to it on foot.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if you havn't seen the plane at Reno in the static dispay

Comment

the latest press release from the boise news.

KBOI-TV CBS 2 covers news, sports, traffic, and weather in the Treasure Valley and Boise, Idaho and nearby communities, including Meridian, Nampa, Garden City, Caldwell, Kuna, Middleton, Eagle, Mountain Home, Star, Melba, Payette, Weiser, Horseshoe Bend, Idaho City, Marsing, Homedale, Parma, New Plymouth, Murphy, Fruitland, Emmett, Wilder, Notus, McCall, Cascade, Donnelly, Council, and Vale, Oregon, and Nyssa, Oregon, Ontario, Oregon.
          bob burns
          ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
          "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Yeah I guess that's the one that was dressed out in all the armament like rockets on the wings. It was a real nice plane. Blue skys to those two.

Comment

I don't post here very much but I do enjoy reading everyone else's posts. Having said that I needed and wanted to express my condolensces to the family of Danny Summers and Jodi Wyatt.

I met Mr. Summers last September when I invited him to our local fly-in here in Elko. He did not even hesitate to say yes to my invite despite the fact that we didn't have a huge budget to pay him from. All he asked for was enough money to cover his fuel expenses, which in the Skyraider, is huge! Anyhow, when the day of our fly-in arrived, here came Danny in that beautiful bird of his! After shut-down he greeted us all with a smile and an apology for being slightly late. After introducing myself, I was honored by being allowed to climb up on the wing and eventually into the cockpit of his AD-5. The others on the ground far below were so jealous! Later during the day, I had the opportunity to take a break from my duties and cruise over to the Skyraider to chat with Mr. Summers and Ms. Wyatt. I had a great conversation with him talking about his love of aviation and his experiences flying warbirds and cropdusters. We even chatted about friends we had in common. Mr. Summers was a great man who loved sharing what he had with others. I am always impressed with warbird owners who are willing to spend the money and time to share with those of us who don't have those same opportunities.

Thank you Mr. Summers! Blue Skies and Calm Winds!

Comment

Blue Skies to a true Warbird pilot who really enjoyed what he was doing. Prayers to both of the families & friends.
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                  Blue Skies to a true Warbird pilot who really enjoyed what he was doing. Prayers to both of the families & friends.
                  Lockheed, I can't say anything more than you just have.

Blue Skies, indeed..
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Its always terrible to lose someone..
                    but blue skies, tailwinds and an unlimited fuel card to the pilot and his companion...
                    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Man I hate this. Always thought Danny was a great guy. Remember the airplane well as it used to be based at Chino with Richard Bertea. Was one of a pair that came from Chad.

Comment

Working...
                      X