Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Rollers RF-4's rockin' the WORLD !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Rollers RF-4's rockin' the WORLD !!!

RF-4's having some fun at Pyramid Lake, Nevada.
    I just don't recall them getting the smoke-less engine modification from the Germans.
    Great Video !
    VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR A RE-EDITED VIDEO WITH NO MUSIC !!!!!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9khQr1iOPfs&list=UUxDrrIR89zpTRMOJNtCU1qwCheck it out....

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmXvQqEcJZ8[/YT]
    Rampking

Re: High Rollers RF-4's rockin' the WORLD !!!

Those last few passes...
    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
    My Photos
    My Ride

Comment

Umm...er...

OK, I'm speechless.

Comment

Great Video Rampking. That will wake you up.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Wow! Awesome stuff.

Comment

rampking Thank you, my dad was a B/N in A-3 and A-6'S, he was in VA-196 Flight of the Intruder. He said F-4's would break the sound barrier about deck level off the water, AWESOME. We were stationed at NAS Whidbey ( that was one of our Bases), my dad said they would depart, follow the water of out of the Straits, follow the Washington State coast line, and use the Columbia River as the Bomb Run. Full moon aircraft on the top of the Columbia River Hauling A.., and pull to 400 hundred feet,drop ordinance and go vertical! Great airplane! Thanks again rampking! warbirds45

Comment

Thanks for telling us all a little bit of the military experiences of your Father.
              Whidbey Island NAS is in such a beautiful location, and I believe it was a training base for many years for the Intruders and Prowlers of the USN.
              I never get tired of hearing from our past veterans and present-day service people.
              I have been attending the Reno Air Races since 1967 and the bonus for me each year is possibly meeting people like your Father in the pits or grandstands.
              So many of them are surprised by my interest in their past military life and amazing stories.
              The WWII veterans are becoming scarce and my Father who was a USAF Korean War Vet has already passed away.
              Thanks again for sharing and I am pleased you enjoyed the video.
              I suggest you return to YouTube and explore the other videos posted at the "F4flys" channel.
              Cheers !
              Rampking

Comment

I spent many, many hours on top of rattle snake mountain as they screamed passed us after departing 34R. Thanks for posting the memories!
                Tony

Comment

Jim Mitchell aka Skyfire Video did an awesome video titled Phantom in 1995 that focuses on Rick Vandam (our sport class and jet class guy) and the Nevada ANG High Rollers. Although the footage is different, the idea is the same, along with a story about Reno.

Comment

Just AWESOME!!!

Comment

Wow! Those last passes (about 4:15 on) made me tear up (sniff sniff)

Just awesome!

Don

Comment

There's a big story behind this video that nobody's talking about. If anyone knows Rick Vandam, he can provide better details than I, because mine are secondhand from two ex-High Roller WSOs whom I flew with in the F-15E community.

This video was a result of the Commander out there telling the members of the squadron to go out and get some video of cool Phantom Phlying before the airplanes were sent to the boneyard.

The other unfortunate result of this incident (there are actually two different instances on the video -- one is the series of low passes out over the desert, and the second is the Pyramid Lake event) is that there was a Congressional inquiry into this incident which ruined (or more accurately just ended) the military flying careers of several Reno ANG pilots. Quite a big deal and quite an unhappy ending for the High Rollers.
                        Last edited by Randy Haskin; 03-06-2011, 04:55 AM.

Comment

I remember the news talking about an incident of low level flying in the desert somewhere, but it was so long ago I cant remember the details. I do remember that there was very little covered by the report and that I never heard of an outcome.
                          Tony

Comment

I would love to have this on DVD. Bet it rocks on a big TV with big speakers and higher quality.

Anyone know where we might get one?

Don
                            Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
                            Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
                              There's a big story behind this video that nobody's talking about. If anyone knows Rick Vandam, he can provide better details than I, because mine are secondhand from two ex-High Roller WSOs whom I flew with in the F-15E community.

This video was a result of the Commander out there telling the members of the squadron to go out and get some video of cool Phantom Phlying before the airplanes were sent to the boneyard.

The other unfortunate result of this incident (there are actually two different instances on the video -- one is the series of low passes out over the desert, and the second is the Pyramid Lake event) is that there was a Congressional inquiry into this incident which ruined (or more accurately just ended) the military flying careers of several Reno ANG pilots. Quite a big deal and quite an unhappy ending for the High Rollers.
                              I was sitting here watching this great video and asking myself..."how the hell did these guys not get in trouble for doing this?"

You answered my question Randy. And I can't say I am surprised that some guys are not flying anymore. When it gets out on the www it is hard to say "that wasn't me."
                              Last edited by doubleup; 03-06-2011, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X