2011 Airshow acts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Airshow acts

Only see the Blue Angels showing up one day(thursday), room for the horsemen during the weekend then??

Re: 2011 Airshow acts

Originally posted by eldon2101 View Post
    Only see the Blue Angels showing up one day(thursday), room for the horsemen during the weekend then??
    I seriously doubt the Blues would only show up for one day, and if they did, it wouldn't be a Thursday. The Horsemen have released their schedule, and Reno is not on it.

Edit: after doing some research, the Blues don't have Reno on their schedule at all. The Thunderbirds are scheduled for Thursday only, then Mountain Home the rest of that week / weekend. The Navy has something to do with the 100th Anniversary of Naval Aviation scheduled at Reno Fri-Sunday. No info on what exactly that involves.
    Last edited by Race5; 02-14-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

We REALLY do need to see The Horsemen perform at the Reno NCAR!!! (PLEEZZZ - PLEEZZZ - PLEEZZZ!!!

DBD

Comment

MY MISTAKE, I meant Thunderbirds. Thanks RACE5. My wife informed me we got our box renewal a few days ago and list some acts however they escape me. I believe it said David Martin in a P-51 and someone in a Bonanza. (I Think that is right)
        Last edited by eldon2101; 02-15-2011, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eldon2101 View Post
          MY MISTAKE, I meant Thunderbirds. Thanks RACE5. My wife informed me we got our box renewal a few days ago and list some acts however they escape me. I believe it said David Martin in a P-51 and someone in a Bonanza. (I Think that is right)
          David Martin flys an Extra (or one of those other generic aerobatic things). I've heard of the Bonanza routine, but the guys name escapes me at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
            David Martin flys an Extra (or one of those other generic aerobatic things). I've heard of the Bonanza routine, but the guys name escapes me at the moment.
            Dave Martin also fly's "Happy Jacks Go-Buggy" for Bruce Winters at times, and I would suspect that is the case. He also owns an "acrobatic Bonanza" but I don't think he does airshows with it.
            Jim Peitz does the Bonanza routine as well as a Extra 300.

Comment

I believe the Patriots will be at Reno this year. How bout the snowbirds, will the be returning? I'd like to see Shawn Tucker too. Other then that, Let their be AIR RACING

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                I believe the Patriots will be at Reno this year. How bout the snowbirds, will the be returning? I'd like to see Shawn Tucker too. Other then that, Let their be AIR RACING
                The Snowbirds were there last year, so they won't be there this year. The Patriots would be cool.

Comment

hmmm a cool act would be to see the RNZAF Red Checkers... these guys are amazing, regular line instructors during the day flying standard PAC CT4E Airtrainers designed and manufactured in NZ, they are powered by a 300hp Aerobatic Lycoming... watch the display and look for their signature manouver during the vid at about the 1:30 mark...

I didnt film this video...
                  race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

The Thunderbirds are scheduled for Thursday only. Yes, the Patriot Jet Team will headline the remaining three days. Sean D. Tucker is Not scheduled.

Comment

Eddie Andreini will be bringing his Mustang and doing an aerobatic routine with it. It was Bob Love's Mustang 44-73079

Evan
                      http://evanflys.com/

Comment

Race5 made a point earlier in saying that the Centennial Naval Anniversary stuff is scheduled for Reno. All the other airshow this was scheduled at normally said something about an AIR POWER flight. Maybe we are gonna see a Naval Gaggle at Reno??? THAT WOULD BE INTENSE
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

F-22 is back on the schedule, according to today's RGJ:

Comment

Originally posted by bill_f View Post
                            F-22 is back on the schedule, according to today's RGJ:
                            http://www.rgj.com/article/20110222/NEWS/110222055
                            Mike Helton mentioned it in his latest pod cast on the RARA site as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X