EARLY BLUE ANGELS FLEW BEARCATS ~CLIP ATTACHED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EARLY BLUE ANGELS FLEW BEARCATS ~CLIP ATTACHED

Blue Angels flew Bear Cats from 1946 to 1949. This attached clip honors the old birds, flying formation with the current team. Nice sights and sounds.

Cloudchaser

Re: EARLY BLUE ANGELS FLEW BEARCATS ~CLIP ATTACHED

That was truely an amazing video, the history, the colors, just the overall thought of the timeline up until now really makes one think how far we have come.

Comment

Awesome video, I just finished First Blue, about Mr. Voris, what a htrill it must have been for the forner Blue Angel pilots. Thank you
      Warbirds45

Comment

I was a teenager with Jimmy DeSanto @ Cleveland & got to see them all. As the story goes Marion Carl,USMC pilot, was asked to join the "Blues" & he was quoted to say that as long as there was always one USMC pilot on the team that he would fly with them & to this day I believe there is always at least one USMC pilot. Anyway when I lived in Roseburg,OR he was a member of our Southern Oregon Warbird Org.& he had many stories to tell about his flying days. I do have the Video of the Cleveland Air Races from those post war races.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Thank you Bob. I would like to thank whoever started Hanger Talk, the site is a great forum. I have been an airplane fanatic forever, my dad started in A-3's VAH-6, and retired out of the EA-6B Program, he was in VA-196, Flight of the Intruder. I remember when they ( The Blues )flew F-4's!
          Thank you Warbirds45

Comment

Very nice. Love the heritage. I recall seeing some footage my grandfather took of the Blues bearcats doing an airshow. I'll dig around and see if i recall correctly and post it if I find it.

Comment

Working...
            X