Who needs Dago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who needs Dago?

The current Trade A Plane lists a former/future racer we have known under various names. My favorite is Red Heat. She can be yours for the finishing (if you're willing to build and run a turbo compound 3350). Why wait for Dago? You can become the fifth owner to experience racing snakebite with this Frankenplane. Call now. Operators are standing by!
    Last edited by Sneauxman; 01-18-2011, 08:04 PM.

Re: Who needs Dago?

Thank you for your post. It is nice to know there are others out there that remember this plane. I first laid eyes on this plane when the name Mr. Awesome adorned its cowling oh so many years ago—1990 plus or minus I would say. At that time I remember thinking Mr. Awesome was the absolute scariest plane I had ever seen. I still do. It was scary! It was scary in a raw, brutal sense of potential power. The frighteningly oversized R-3350 hung on that airframe just made you drop your jaw and think holy crap!

Mr. Awesome was an appropriate name, as was Red Heat. Frostbite was no slouch of a name either for the owner at the time. And your analogy of Frankenplane is most appropriate. I still get goose bumps when I think about seeing this plane again—all tuned up, expertly crewed, painted to please, and handled by a good stick. It might give up a little in the turns. But can you imagine this machine coming down the chute and in the Valley of Speed. Whoa!

Comment

Re: Who needs Dago?

I'm with ya! I have however often wondered if the same wing streangth problems would come up as we've seen on Czech Mate. With more weight and speed, she would shurely have simular problems. Czech Mate's problems will get worked out if they haven't already, so there is potential for a very exciting racer with a little work. I even think there's an awesome crew available who know a thing or two about 3350's! This plane has been up for sale for some time now, and it is a buyers market, so to speak. Someone could get a great deal on a potential winner!

Race 29
      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
      X