Reno 2010 Giboney Crash Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 2010 Giboney Crash Photos

Hi - There are a series of photos showing George Giboney's crash at Reno this year that have been making the rounds through email. I'm looking to get in touch with the photographer to get permission to publish them with a magazine article on the 2010 races. I know a lot of photographers captured the event, but these are the best I've seen. I've attached a few here.

If anyone knows the photographer's name and how to contact them, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Steve

**images removed by admin**

Re: Reno 2010 Giboney Crash Photos

Welcome to the forum Steve.... I've had to remove the images you've attatched... kind of a "catch 22" thing... you post them to ask for permission to publish them... thereby, publishing them here, where I do not have permission to use them... catch 22

I'll dig out my copy of Pacific Flyer... or better yet, contact the editor there, I believe he used the same photos in his Reno article and did receive permission, so would, likely be able to put you in contact with the photographer.. If same, I believe he's from Japan.

Thanks for understanding,
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hi Wayne,

I completely understand, and appreciate your help in tracking down the photographer. Thanks.

Steve

Comment

Maybe it would be OK to post small thumbnail images of the photos....Too small to be of any re-publishing use but large enough to be identified.

Or place a large watermark across the center of the images so it's obvious they are only being displayed to locate the author, and are of no value for re-use.

Comment

AD... copyright violation is copyright violation... It's a really big thing with me and others...

Editor Steve.. let me know if you are unable to contact photographer or Wayman (Pacific Flyer)... There is actually a better (hard to believe) sequence, shot from the tower.. I'll not name the photog and I don't know if he received his disk back from FAA/RARA but they are very "educational" to say the least...
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hope that this is OK http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...unscathed.html

Comment

Originally posted by AiRick View Post
              Nice pics, but the captions are all wrong.

Comment

Yes, I noticed that !

Comment

Originally posted by AiRick View Post
                  Yes, indeed... AFAIK, it's "legal" for anyone to link to just about anything on the net... what's not "legal" is to upload for content (my language, not legalaslezze) or "hotlink"... (where the image shows up in the post, full size) stuff....

I'm for sure not the last word in what's really, truly legal or acceptable but I do know it's somewhat of a fine line and to err on the side of caution is probably best for anyone who has anything to lose by allowing or participating in the .... act....

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                  X