Penny to Retire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penny to Retire

I just read on another site that this was John Penny's last year of racing RareBear. If this is so I would like to thank John for all the wonderful years of enjoyment he has given us. I've had the good fortune to talk to John a few times and he has always taken the time to answer questions and chat with me. I Hope we will still see him at the races cheering for Heather and maybe flying a jet.
    Marc
    Anchorage,AK

Re: Penny to Retire

He has retired once before. I will believe it when I see it.

Comment

I think Rare Bear is the one that's being retired.
      "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

My understanding is that Stew Dawson is in line to fly the Bear next.

Comment

Originally posted by ak9er57 View Post
          I just read on another site that this was John Penny's last year of racing RareBear. If this is so I would like to thank John for all the wonderful years of enjoyment he has given us. I've had the good fortune to talk to John a few times and he has always taken the time to answer questions and chat with me. I Hope we will still see him at the races cheering for Heather and maybe flying a jet.
          Marc
          Anchorage,AK
          Thanks Marc, I didn't know if that had been made public by John. Could you tell us the web site or post a link?

Thanks.

DT

Comment

Well, here we go again. I never said the “R” word to anyone. In an email to Mr. Rod Lewis I wrote these exact words: “If I were to have a wish, it would be that our good friend Stew enjoy a good win (or more) in the "Bear" at Reno. Does that mean I'm quitting as I've heard someone has told you? I never said "I quit" to anyone.”

Now, will I be racing the “Bear” next year? Likely not if Stewart Dawson who is a really good friend of mine and Rod’s is able to drive it under the right circumstances. I’ve watched Stew race for many years and he is one of the most talented, capable, experienced and aware pilots I’ve ever seen drive around the pylons.

I’ve had the privilege to be associated with the “Bear” and its crews for over a quarter of a Century, and have been fortunate to be drivin’ around when our team won four times at Reno and twice at Phoenix. As I said….it’s been a privilege….

BTW...Last name is spelled Penney....

Comment

I saw this in the Pylon Place which is posted by Marilyn Dash. I also said in my post " If this is true" which means I wasn't sure, but passing on info from some one who is reliable. Sorry if I caused any problems and I'm happy to get your reply.
              Marc

Comment

Originally posted by ak9er57 View Post
                <---snip--->passing on info from some one who is reliable<---snip--->
                You have no idea how hard I have to sit on my hands to not say anything nasty here.....

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

let er rip Wayne!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Oberev View Post
                    let er rip Wayne!
                    Not today Hans....
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

10-4 Wayne.
                      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                        Not today Hans....
                        Thanks for the approach Wayne, I'm all for a kinder and gentler internet.

Truth is, different sources get different information at times. She may know something Penney doesn't know...

We had an near miss at a race years ago, and the pilots wife said "He's DEFINITELY going to retire, NOW..."
                        Who are you going believe?

Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx View Post
                          Truth is, different sources get different information at times. She may know something Penney doesn't know...
                          OMG.. you can't be serious....
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I get my plans, both for an evening and for life direction, changed regularly by thet "higher source"...usually without prior notice.
                            IF Mr. Penney was to hand over the reins I can't think of a better new driver, even if they shared the privelege, chore, task, whatever they want to call it!
                            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Any way it takes, IŽll be always grateful to Mr. Penney for giving me that wonderful moment in 1994 when he won the super Gold, and for all the great moments I enjoy when he races.

Comment

Working...
                              X