Rare Bear Brew - Special Treat For Pylon Racing School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear Brew - Special Treat For Pylon Racing School

Well, the guys in Reno have done it again! They have been working with Great Basin Brewery and they have created a special "American Cream Ale" that will be available in a 500 bottle special run (one liter size) This Ale will be available at Pylon Racing School for a donation of $20. per bottle.. ya can either drink it and save the specially labeled bottle or, keep it.. personally.. I'd prolly drink it, then save the bottle!

Each label will be signed by Lyle Shelton and John Penney... again, this is a 500 bottle limited run, this project is done ENTIRELY by the team guys down in Reno!!!!

I don't know if I've ever seen a bunch of guys more determined to get an airplane into the show!

So.. what's say we give em a hand drinkin some of that beer this coming weekend?

Sumptin tells me that this year's PRS is going to become legendary.. be a part of the legend!!!

Wayne
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Pretty Cool

I have to give these guys credit. They certainly are coming up with unique ways to raise money. By the way this would look great, blown up on the back of a T-shirt!!

Comment

rarebear brew

How can someone get some of this brew if they have to work during PRS. I am a fan sponsor and I also like brew, I would like to get a couple of bottles if possible. Can anyone help??? Thanks
      Dave

Comment

I gotta have a 6 pack!

Dang! I can't make PRS and I want a 6 pack! Can somebody help me out? I may live in Alaska but I would be having the bottles shipped to Redding, California (just over the hill) for safe keeping until I get down there in September.

Help! I'll throw in an extra twenty for the trouble...

Don
        Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

Re: Pretty Cool

Originally posted by T. Adams
          By the way this would look great, blown up on the back of a T-shirt!!
          Definitely agree.

Don

Comment

BTW: I have never been to PRS and don't really see it happening in the near future (have to save days off for September!). Maybe after I retire.

Where would one go to pick up these beers if I found somebody to come over to pick them up? Rare Bear cave/hanger? Some other place?

Just wondering
            Don

Comment

WOW...

Well, depending on the response to the brewskie sales this weekend, whatever is leftover from the initial 500 bottle offering will be put in cold storage until September.. Unsure about where it will be available at Reno, not in the pits likely but in a vendor booth somewhere else on site.

I'm sure Sharon and I will look into the prospects for shipping the stuff via on-line or mail order but there is one problem with this.. This is "live" ale and needs to be cold stored...

Something for everyone thinking about getting hold of a bottle or six to think about but man.. can ya imagine cracking a bottle of this stuff when the Bear finishes on Sunday!!

(note, unbiased journalstic approach to "finish on Sunday" reference with no placement order mentioned )

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Good Point Wayne on keeping the ale cool.

Next time you converse with Sharon, maybe you can ask her if I send $120 she can hold out a sixer for me to be picked up at the Rare Bear merchandise booth during the races. maybe, perhaps?

I just don't see the remaining bottles lasting too long during the races once people find out they are available and I would hate to miss out.

Don

Comment

Don, send her an email at fansponsor@rarebear.com or one of the crew will likely chime in here once they see the message and you might be able to deal it with them directly. I'm sure they would love to have the brew all pre sold before September as they are forking the production costs out of their pockets to get this done.. (the mechanics)

So.. Guys.. ya readin this?? Ya done created a monster here

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Y'all better test yer alchy boil-off systems before partaking in this fine custom "Bear Brew!" <g> Peas
                    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                      Y'all better test yer alchy boil-off systems before partaking in this fine custom "Bear Brew!" <g> Peas
                      Well see Peas... there's a reason these two threads got started about the same time ya'know...

Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Bear Brew

We'll be selling the limited edition Brew Saturday at PRS, possibly only 100 bottles or so bottled by then. The crew are actually helping to bottle the Rare Bear Brew at Great Basin Brewery in Sparks. We start bottling on Thursday, so depending on how that goes will determine how much gets bottled in time for our little fund raising party. Were going to be spread pretty thin, wrenching on the Bear during the day and bottling the beer at night, so we'll see.
                        All the bottles are going to be signed and numbered 1 through 500, and were planning on doing something special with the 77th numbered bottle, maybe auction it off or something.
                        The crew is actually fronting the money for this little endeavor, so we sure would appreciate everyone helping us out and buying a bottle or two! It's going to cost us $600 bucks alone for the custom printing of the labels, so this isn't a cheap endeavor. But if it gets us the $$ so we can race at Reno this year, what the hell!!

Stacy Thomas
                        Rare Bear Crew Chief

Comment

Stacy,

Put me down for two bottles... and I shall drink them in your presence (one of them anyway )

A request was made for me to bring down some prints... I may not have time to get this done, unfortunately...

Worst case, I'll try to get *some* done but I'm out of time, have to leave in the morning and I've still got some work that I have to get done prior to beddybye...

Now.. where'd I leave my jammies

Wayne

I can prolly lend a hand filling some of the bottles on Thursday.. but I honestly can't promise I won't drink up more profit than I bottle.. oops.. I spilled a little...
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Bear Brew

Hey...why do you think were bottling it!!!! ***hickup***

Stacy

Comment

Rare Beer

Stacy- Any chance I can get bottle #75?????? :-)

All the best, Randy Goss Warlock #75 Air Racing Team
                              Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                              RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Working...
                              X