X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Skies Forever - Arthur Wallace (Wally) McDonnell

**Posted at the request of Larry Rengstorf**

8 May 1930 - 26 Sept 2010
    Santa Rosa resident, aviation entrepreneur, consummate pilot and all-around great guy, Arthur Wallace McDonnell succumbed to a heart attack on Saturday - 26 Sept 2010. He was 80 years old.

We knew him as Wally.

He had recently traveled back to Florida for relaxation and repairs on his boat. Those who knew Wally best, knew he just never slowed down. He told me awhile back that he had counted the number of aircraft he had owned at one time or another and it was 54 and included DC-6's and -7's, a B-17, countless WWII fighters, helicopters and seaplanes.

Wally may have been short in stature but he was long on integrity. He was also the most fearless man I have ever known. What Wally leaves behind is all of the people who knew and respected him.

In our tiny little aviation community I've never heard one bad word about Wally McDonnell. He did it right and he did it with class. We are going to miss our friend. Wally is survived by his sister Inez Campbell, son Mark McDonnell, daughter Valerie Wilson and grandchildren Andrew, Nicolas and Tanner.

Memorial

A Memorial of Life will be observed on November 13, 2010, in Santa Rosa, California - Sonoma County Airport, at Daryl Bond's (P-51 - Lady Jo) Hangar starting at 1 pm. Directions from Hiway 101- 8 mi north of Santa Rosa - Airport Blvd, west over freeway - left on Laughlin Road, to South gate which will be attended. Hangar phone -707-525-9895 - if needed for entrance that day -

We need an estimated number of people attending - Please RSVP to either - Valerie - Ph 916-802-8340 or valerielwilson@msn.com or Larry - Ph 707-575-0331 or Swiftair@sonic.net.
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"
Working...
X