Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'SILHOUETTE SHOTS'.....

'Silhouette Shots'. . . . .

OK- Once again, it's 'audience participation time' for all the photographers out there...(Hey, remember how much fun we had with that- 'Nose Shots' thread awhile back?)

This time- let's try posting a few of your favorite silhouette photo selections fm your archive vaults...Certainly, everyone has taken a few of these during the course of their shooting career!

(*Photo Criteria*: primary photo subject should be in either- 'total'- or 'near-silhouetted' form.)

Let's see what you might have to share & here's three examples to get us started...

DBD
    Attached Files

Re: 'SILHOUETTE SHOTS'.....

As always, awesome shots.

Thanks for sharing.
    Will

Comment

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

That is just sick Victor!! I suspect someone's going to want a poster of that one.... Spinner.. you there????
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Last edited by sierra fox; 10-13-2010, 04:23 PM.
          "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Reno 2010, Friday.
            Attached Files

Comment

Still the best one I have taken,

One from this year,

Comment

Cool picture, T.Adams, of how the canopy picks up its own colors like chrome, yellow at the bottom, pink in the middle and blue at the top and the contrast between the smooth lines of the canopy and the sharp angular lines of the body.

Has it been color altered by using filters/photoshop... or is that how it came out?
                Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-13-2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
                  Cool picture, T.Adams, of how the canopy picks up its own colors like chrome, yellow at the bottom, pink in the middle and blue at the top and the contrast between the smooth lines of the canopy and the sharp angular lines of the body.

Has it been color altered by using filters/photoshop... or is that how it came out?
                  No filters, every shot I take is enhanced with Photoshop, RAW files straight out of the camera are always very flat.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
                    No filters, every shot I take is enhanced with Photoshop, RAW files straight out of the camera are always very flat.
                    Any chance you can post a before and after photo, at your leisure, so we can see the difference if any?
                    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-13-2010, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Yes, it may take a couple of days though, busy at work.

Comment

Nice to see four heavy-hitter air racing photogs step up to the plate & post some very excellent silhouette shots to help get this thread ball rollin' in the right direction. Way to go there, gentlemen!

Think we're just gettin' started though, so let's see some more aviation-related 'silhouette photo' gems fm some of you other shooters out there, OK?

Here's a couple more shots fm me to try to keep the big roundy warbird lovers happy- First, a head-on view of Bob Odegaard's F2G Super Corsair- Race #57-gettin' her big ole' P&W R-4360 corncob motor fired-up to go flyin'! (I swear I can still smell the smoke!), followed by a dramatic takeoff view of the Sanders Family's corncobbed-Hawker Super Sea Fury- Race #8-"Dreadnought"- seen silhouetted against a bold majestic sky.

DBD
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by BuckyD; 10-13-2010, 11:17 PM.

Comment

This is what i was looking for!

"dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

I made the valiant effort to be on the ramp before sunrise this year. Unfortunately the subject matter was lacking that day but the company was great!
                            Attached Files

Comment

I shot those too, Ken! Great company, indeed!

Comment

Working...
                              X