Off topic....Civilian Mig 29?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic....Civilian Mig 29?

I just read a blurb from the EAA that Morgan Aircraft Restoration was in the final stages of getting a MIG 29 ready to fly. That got me wondering what ever happened to the two SU-27s that Pride Aircraft got flying and supposidly were for sale early this year. Pride talks about the aircraft on their website but doesnt say they were sold are are for sale. So I looked up the N-numbers, N131SU and N132SU on the FAA registration site and they belong to a very interesting company called "Meridican Inc" that deals in international business and government relations.

Maybe I am misreading or mis- interpreting some of this info.....

At Oshkosh, A person who said he works for Pride was talking to someone else and I overheard their conversation. He said the US Govt bought one and trucked it away....

Anyone hear where these SU-27s are now and what their future might be?

Re: Off topic....Civilian Mig 29?

Couple of pics of the MIG doing a run-up at AVCOM. The text mentions the 2 civilian SU-27s too...:

Link: http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68998

Comment

Thanks! It is interesting that the linked forum says that there are five Mig-29s in the civilian registry. Someone has some bucks to import them let alone get some of them flying.

Comment

There is a 29 at the Evergreen Museum. My pops is a docent there and no one ever seemed to know where it came from. They said it just showed up one day.

Comment

That is a way cool museum but I just looked up their current inventory and I dont see one....
          (There was indeed one parked outside in March of 2009...maybe it just isnt on the roster)
          LVSYS Web Design provides affordable websites for businesses of all sizes. Call 503 468 4880 and get yours today!
          Last edited by Coyote Chris; 10-08-2010, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X