Looking for 2011 Calenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 2011 Calenders

calanders As the year is winding down I am getting nervous about needing a new calendar. Wayne???

Re: Looking for 2011 Calenders

Originally posted by eldon2101 View Post
    calanders As the year is winding down I am getting nervous about needing a new calendar. Wayne???
    It was decided by the folks who put out the calendars that there were not enough shots of last year's planes, so they cancelled doing it this year..

I was not in on the decision... I don't think I'll say anything more right now....
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I have the tree who has the rope? hahaha So be it, thanks Wayne.

Comment

I may know someone who would be willing to take up the slack on this if there is an interest.

Comment

I need a calender

Comment

My wife will kick my ..... IF I tell her no calender. So I am in

Comment

I was looking for one too.I have 2008 and 2009.

Comment

I'm in for 3 or 4 if it can happen.
                Sky Critter

Comment

I still have a few from year's past in storage.. As far as producing anything for 2010, as I understand it, the group who put out the last few year's calendars holds the "agreement" with RARA which allows the use of photos taken within the realm of activties which happen at Reno proper...

I'm hoping that more will be produced for future years and that selection of photos is based on what's available, rather than who took them...
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Putting the record straight with the calendars.........the fact of the matter is there simply was not enough interest, on the sales side of things to warrant the time and capitol invested in the project to keep it going so it has been put on hold for the time being. It takes an enormous amount of logistical effort to make the calendar happen each year. You, the fans of the calendar do not see within the pages of the calendar the hard and difficult work involved to capture the air to air images necessary to market the end product. Those photos do not simply fall into our laps.........they take a great deal of horse trading, begging, pleading, and cooperation from the race owners, and pilots to capture them. The bulk of that work fell on my shoulders, six of last years calendar images came from my camera lens, and I simply could no longer go out and fight the battles to make it happen any longer.
                    As for the part of Wayne not being involved with the decision making process to place the project on hold he is right, he was not consulted. But then he was not one of the partners who ponied up the initial investment to make the calendar work in the first place. He who finances the project gets the say! The original partners who started this project will revisit it here in the near future to see if the project is worth carrying on. But frankly folks, numbers sold is what its going to take to get the printers rolling again. That, and some stunning imagery of new and old racers in eye catching paint colors.
                    Thank you for supporting the calendar in the past, and it is our hopes to bring them back, but like I said its going to take more interest in the efforts to bring it back. That will fall on all of your shoulders.

Comment

Just as an FYI and not holding this out as an apple-to-apple comparison by any stretch but it may fill the void to some degree...

While it likely won't be of the caliber of previous AAFO editions (plead guilty here of not having purchased a calendar thru AAFO), I can recommend a site that produces solid work from your own images.

There are a myriad of such sites of course. I've found working with the folks at www.mypublisher.com to be rewarding. They are responsive and competitively priced and the interface is intuitive. Software download is free.

I've produced calendars for my Outer 6 Pylon crew members for the last three years using this site and they are very well received. They are 10x13 closed using high gloss heavy-weight paper, spiral bound. Run about $22 each.

Like I said, not intended to be a straight-up replacement but it may help with "getting the fix" each month!

Cheers,
                      Owen Ashurst
                      Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                      http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong... But my impression is that only Unlimited were featured on the calendars in the past based on what I saw in 2009 and 2010 thumbnails on the sales site.

Personally, I'd purchase one if it had more variety among the classes. But just Unlimited? Not interested.
                        John Smutny

Comment

I rest my case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So how does this work? I have taken lots of pics at Reno over the years and I want to put them into a calendar or on a shirt or whatever and sell them. Who's permission do I need (aircraft owner, RARA, other, all)? I'm not saying I'm going to do this, just curious about the process.

Feel free to put this in its own thread if more appropriate.
                            Sky Critter

Comment

You are free to use your images for personal use (I've produced a small number of calendars and coffee table books for friends as gifts).

However, once you enter into the commercial arena, you'll have to have RARA's consent. That will typically take the form of a license or "Right to Use" agreement of some sort. Generally, most organizations also require a "Photo Courtesy of..." watermark or some sort of credit.

Hope that helps...
                              Owen Ashurst
                              Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                              http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X