Wingman's Reno...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wingman's Reno...

Like everyone else on the field I was hugely disappointed with Sunday, though I certainly thought that cancellation was the right thing to do in those conditions. I am glad that the decision was made by the pilots...

Although the Racer in me was unhappy and unsatisfied with the ending, it was a great year for photography -- lots of different and interesting airplanes including a lovely batch of Mustangs, a variety of great light, and quite bit of solid racing action.

I never used to photograph kerosene very much, but that's changing some these days.

Neal

Re: Wingman's Reno...

Neal...you have more.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
      I'm thinkin.....pylon 5 on Saturday?

Oh yeah....because I was standing next to you. THAT'S why it looks familiar!

Great Shot!!!

Comment

Yeah I guess it doesn't hurt that there is some variety of aircraft in that class now huh Neal?

Comment

Yes -- that and the fact that I can crank up the ISO a bit and shoot them at 1/1000 of a second and have fun, since they don't have props to blur. I'm getting older and shakier and I need all the help I can get!

I love the P-51 Mustang.

This is a really photogenic one -- I love the way the desert reflects on these low flying polished airplanes.

Comment

Thanks Neal That shot of "Geraldine" looks like the one that will make you rich and famous
            "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Originally posted by sierra fox View Post
              Thanks Neal That shot of "Geraldine" looks like the one that will make you rich and famous

As 'rich' as you can get in air race photography, at least.....

Comment

Hah -- in that case I'm already there!

Here is some kerosene with color...

Some very interesting people associated with Race 21.

Last edited by wingman; 10-03-2010, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Hey now...I was with you when you took this picture...you said you was going to retire and give us younger folks a chance.

Great shooting Neal, it's always a pleasure to share a pylon with photog like yourself.

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                  Hah -- in that case I'm already there!

Here is some kerosene with color...

Some very interesting people associated with Race 21.

Comment

How's this for opposite lighting from "Geraldine" above...

Neal

Comment

Race 21 had a truly remarkable paint job. I just finished viewing a great and very professionally produced movie about the building if this racer and the genesis of the paint scheme. Don't know for sure, but the owner hoped the video would air this winter on the Discovery channel. If I find out anything about this I'll post the information.

Apparently Heather had a great time, and Birgitta said that watching her Dad during her races was highly entertaining...

Neal

Comment

Neal one of these days we're going to have to get together and have a beer or two... Had a great time shooting with you this year!

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Did anybody get a shot of the T-shirt John Penney was wearing at the awards banquet?
                          Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                          My Photos
                          My Ride

Comment

I saw it but I was too far away for the lens that I was using in there to get a shot of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
                              Did anybody get a shot of the T-shirt John Penney was wearing at the awards banquet?
                              Here ya go, Stevo- Heather Penney & her very proud papa- John Penney on stage @ the 2010 Reno NCAR Awards Banquet, w/this year's trophy presenter- Melinda Cowan (newly-crowned-Miss Reno Rodeo 2011)...

DBD
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X