I'm ready to roll!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ready to roll!!!

Well I got my tickets for the weekend, and the 5 day pit pass wristband (No. 0002!!) in the mail today. I primed and ready to go. One solid week of racing - heaven.

A couple of questions. I'll be arriving Sunday before Noon on the 7th. Since their is no tickets needed for the pits until Wednesday, how do I get in? Where do I park on Monday and Tuesday?

I think I may go broke developing film in September. First 4 days at the US Nationals Labor Day weekend, than a week at Reno.

If I remember correctly, you just park wherever you can, getting in is just a matter of walking through the gate.. though, post 9-11... I'm not sure what they are doing at the gates. I've stayed on field for the last 4 or so years and once we were on, we rarely left for the 10 days..

I'm sure somebody else will have better info.. Film... what's that??

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Film??

Well since I have blown all my money on Canon's "L" glass, I'll have to rely on my EOS 3. I'll go digital eventually I'm sure, but only when Canon brings out an EOS3 equivilent in digital. The 1D is not good at high ISO's compared to the new, much cheaper 10D, but the autofocus is just too damn slow for flight shots with a 10D. Even with the 10D $2000 cheaper than a 1D, I just can't afford it this year.

Comment

Ahh.. "Canon-Speak" I'm not at all familiar with the Canon number system other than the latest/greatest costs in excess of seven grand!!! EOOUCH!!!

Digital is nice, no question... but... spendy! I don't own any "Nikon" brand glass.. wish I did tho! Way over my head for $$ but I may break down eventually.. Some of the new VR lenses are sounding pretty nice..

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
        X