wrenching perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrenching perspective

I just finished assembling a 15 minute project of a scale model P-51 in about an hour!! Alignment pins did not align, plastic had to be shaved for fit and then after a few choice words, the fuselage went together only to find I had inserted the wing mounting hardware upside down!! Splitting thin plastic without breaking it turned out to be a daunting task. The prop fell on the ground multiple times, the canopy pre ejected, i.e., flew across the room when the fuselage split. I guess you can't expect perfection for $10.00. I will use model for my 3rd grade Reno Air Race presentation next year when I demonstrate passing rules. Will be assembling a radial engine model next to make the demonstration more realistic. Kids love it and enjoy their day at Stead as informed students of air racing. They will never know my frustration however brief. Makes me wonder if wrenching on full scale is proportionately frustrating?

Re: wrenching perspective

Originally posted by Hans Oberev View Post
    I just finished assembling a 15 minute project of a scale model P-51 in about an hour!! Alignment pins did not align, plastic had to be shaved for fit and then after a few choice words, the fuselage went together only to find I had inserted the wing mounting hardware upside down!! Splitting thin plastic without breaking it turned out to be a daunting task. The prop fell on the ground multiple times, the canopy pre ejected, i.e., flew across the room when the fuselage split. I guess you can't expect perfection for $10.00. I will use model for my 3rd grade Reno Air Race presentation next year when I demonstrate passing rules. Will be assembling a radial engine model next to make the demonstration more realistic. Kids love it and enjoy their day at Stead as informed students of air racing. They will never know my frustration however brief. Makes me wonder if wrenching on full scale is proportionately frustrating?
    Hahahahahah...imagine the same or greater level of frustration, along with thousands more parts. Oh, and the job you do has a direct affect on keeping the stick actuator alive. There is no comparison between working on toys and the real thing.

Comment

Haha... Hans.

I so envy those that can build models. I while I can turn wrenches, screwdrivers, and swing a hammer. drop a model down in front of me and I am more likely to glue my fingers together before I get a drop on the model.

Ever seen a snap-together tank fly.. I have.. lmao

Comment

I forgot to mention, the tiny, plastic 12 cylinder RR engine fell to the ground several times during assembly! Race5 I must respectfully disagree with you. I think full scale is way easier. LOL!

Comment

cool that means i am special then because i know how do models and they turn out OK

Comment

Working...
          X