Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1 Racer ornament

Hey everyone,
    This is a little off topic but cool, I was walking by the Hallmark store yesterday and spotted this little gem. This is number 14 in a series of aviation themed ornaments and I just couldn’t pass it up. It’s pretty small (4 inch wing span) but they took their time with the detail all the way down to the engine.
    It was only $15 so I had to pick one up.

Jason
    Jason Schillereff

Re: H-1 Racer ornament

Funny, I got one too the other day. And I was told by the clerk that this is last years??(the box says 2010 though) and this years is yet to be put on the shelf! But she didn't know what airplane it was.
    Last edited by steve D; 09-30-2010, 07:50 PM.

Comment

I also have a 1936 Stinson Reliant from 03, and a Campbell's soup 1931 Stearman. I wish I had more but will start collecting them now!

Comment

A complete catastrophe! Totally inacurate! I've seen the original H-1 in the Smithsonian and it didn't have a huge UHF aerial in front of the cockpit, or anything stamped on the bottom of the right wing! LOL!

(The above paragraph was an obvious joke)

Accually, I've had my eye on this for a couple weeks. Today was payday, so I can finally pick one up! I thought your pictures were great and really showed the detail! Thanks for posting! Halmark had a GeeBee a few years back that I bought. The quality was just as good as this H-1. It's been one of my favorites since I got it.

The ex liberated my Star Trek USS Enterprise that had flashing lights that Hallmark put out years ago. If anyone has a spare they don't need, let's talk!

Race 29
        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
          ... Thanks for posting! Hallmark had a GeeBee a few years back that I bought. The quality was just as good as this H-1. It's been one of my favorites since I got it.

Race 29
          Hallmark actually has had quite a series of nostalgic aircraft ornaments. My collection includes (in addition to the H-1), 2 sizes of GeeBee R-1, Laird Super Solution (Doolittle's), Clipped Wing Monocoupe (Little Butch), Spirit of St. Louis, Stinson Reliant, Beech Staggerwing, Spartan Executive, Cessna 195, Ercoupe and Cessna 310.
          --
          Dave

Comment

I'm glad that someone posted about this. One of the strange qwirks of my personal life is I've never had any holiday decorations in my home. I've always spent holidays with my extended family so I wouldn't have had time to enjoy them if I had. As time goes on its looking like I'll finally be at home for enough of the holiday season to make decorations something I want to do.

I looked into the series and they all seem great. So now I have a new thing to start collecting. Hopefully over the next year or two I'll be able to run down the complete set. The H-1 this year is a fantastic start.

Oh, the stamping on the underside of the wing was on the original but was ground off during Hugh's first off field landing...... (OK, I expect I just made that up).....

Spacegrrrl

Comment

Spacegrrrl, That was funny about the wing stamp!!

Dx, I've seen some of those, and I have the Spirit of St. Louis. The Ercoupe and the Super Solution would be awesome! Next stop, eBay! I just mentioned the racing planes that I knew about. Thanks for telling us about all those! I also picked up the Snoopy WW1 doghouse they have this year. Not really an airplane, but he did battle the Red Baron! I have the cartoon to prove it! LOL!

Race 29
              Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
              X