Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TV Network Requests Input For Programming: Make Yourself Heard! WE WANT AIR RACIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TV Network Requests Input For Programming: Make Yourself Heard! WE WANT AIR RACIN

Watching Real TV just now (OK, I admit to watching it and it's a favorit ) they had an ad for the New TNN... it's "Television for men"....

What's more.. they want input on what WE want to see..

Here's our chance to hit em up for AIR RACIN guys!

Could be the break the sport needs... No production that I know of as of yet out of Reno this year, Vegas will have a show...

And tell em what cha wanna see.. and often!

Let's get all over this!!

Oh yea.. you might want to use terms like "XTREME SPORT" and the like.. This is an Xtreme sport to be sure and to appeal to the "new" generation of fans, they need to think of it in that light. If we can win the "now" generation.. WOW!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

I really do hope you guys/gals respond to this new network's request for programming input. It would seem, we *might* have a chance to get their interest in Air Racing sparked..

Would that not be very cool if a new network that was aimed at the younger crowd suddenly saw our sport as an X sport...

Which, of course, we all know it is..

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I've responded a few times. Each personality gets it's say.
      Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
      Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

it's easy

just put your name in, what state you live in and a breif comment and press send....what's not to love about that form.
        Randy Rheinschild
        www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Re: it's easy

Originally posted by rwflyboy
          just put your name in, what state you live in and a breif comment and press send....what's not to love about that form.
          It'll be interesting to see if we can make a difference here.

They seem to be interested in "X" sports, I've been convinced for quite a while that all we have to do is get someone to promote Air Racing as an Xtreme Sport and we'd have a good chance of capturing the "young" crowd... something that Air Racing MUST do to survive.

It would not only be good or Air Racing, it would, likely, be good for aviation as a whole. Get some of the people who are spending 70 grand on cars these days to think about flying as a passtime... We might see some more general aviation mfg's surviving again..

Well.... we can dream anyway but.. every little bit helps maybe.

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Would it be OK to stretch this to include fire bombing?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
              Would it be OK to stretch this to include fire bombing?
              It'd be "ok" to stretch it to anything you wanted it to include..

We're about suggesting, not telling anyone what to put anywhere..

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Okay, so say we all petition the new TNN to play some air racing. That would amount to a grand total of, what, 6 hours of programming maybe?? I imagine the network would jump all over that!

GP

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
                  Okay, so say we all petition the new TNN to play some air racing. That would amount to a grand total of, what, 6 hours of programming maybe?? I imagine the network would jump all over that!

GP
                  Ahh do I detect a bit of cynicism?

If nobody ever notices the sport, then it slowly dies.. *IF* a network managed to pick it up, promote it, a new generation of fans decided it was pretty cool stuff, like most of us who are "fanatic" about it do already... then it *might* stand a chance of being something more than a once or twice a year event with more than your "six hours of programming"

I do appreciate your comments but again, as I've done in the past, I will advise those of you who come in as "guest" and post comments.. We would STRONGLY appreciate a signature to the post.

It's fine to come in and post as guest, we have never made this board or the other one a sign up only board because that is a bit daunting for some.

However, your cynicism, could be taken by some as sarcasm and spark a bit of a heated debate. Only fair that you identify yourself a bit beyond initials.. OK?

We want to keep this fun, we also appreciate that everyone does not think the same but discussions from behind a dark wall are not discussions...

Wayne

PS.. how's the weather in Houston??
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Weather in Houston is hotter than Reno in Sept. but that's normal. No fear Wayne, I'll register eventually. I can't remember all my passwords as it is.

My comment is perhaps a bit cynical, but realistic. Not trying to spark a heated debate. I am an air racing fan like all the others here. Just that sometimes we have to pull our heads from the virtual world and into the real one. Air racing appeals to a very small portion of the population, period. That's the harsh reality of it all. Everybody drives a car so they can identify with auto racing to some degree. Same is not true with airplanes.

GP in Houston.
                    Sometimes I just can't hold back!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      Weather in Houston is hotter than Reno in Sept. but that's normal. No fear Wayne, I'll register eventually. I can't remember all my passwords as it is.

My comment is perhaps a bit cynical, but realistic. Not trying to spark a heated debate. I am an air racing fan like all the others here. Just that sometimes we have to pull our heads from the virtual world and into the real one. Air racing appeals to a very small portion of the population, period. That's the harsh reality of it all. Everybody drives a car so they can identify with auto racing to some degree. Same is not true with airplanes.

GP in Houston.
                      Sometimes I just can't hold back!
                      Ahh.. no problem, debate is what the US is about! When you do register, the password will be remembered by the board if you put that in your prefrences and enable cookies.. I hate remembering them also! So I stay logged in all the time here..

Some will agree with you that the appeal of the sport is limited and this debate goes on, nearly every time we try to spark more interest...

And again, I'll say, is this a chicken or an egg deal? Does the sport appeal to a narrow audience because it is not appealing or does it appeal to a narrow audience because it's only shown to a narrow audience?

I have *some* limited experience with this process and I can tell you that it is not very well known because it is not promoted a lot. It's been my experience that once people are introduced to it, they usually fall in love with it.

You hear or read comments like "Oh... that's what you were talking about... I thought you meant Air SHOW"....

"Do they really race wing to wing??"

That sort of thing is pretty common. This website and others that have been promoting the sport have been responsible for some of the increase in international visitors to Reno, we know this because of the mail we receive at times from people who happen to discover the sport while surfing for some other reason.. "accidental fans" is what we like to call them..

I truly believe the fans to support and grow this sport are out there, getting to them is the challenge.

Thinking negative will never get us there or even let us find out. If this thing were promoted properly, to the younger generation that need to find it to make it last, it just might fly for a long time.

I hope we get to find out.

Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

old planes

Wayne
                        I agree with you , I think the fans are out there and right now I think sites like this one and Marks (Pylon 1) are doing a great job of helping find them

The problem is as much as we love the big Warbirds and the highly modified Racers I feel soon the sportclass planes or planes like Renaissance Research's Dart racer will be the future of air racing

Blacksheep
                        blacksheep
                        Life's a Climb , But the view is Great

Comment

Working...
                        X