No announcement yet.

FS: Wright Flyer swatch possibly taken on Apollo 11, = world's fastest plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Wright Flyer swatch possibly taken on Apollo 11, = world's fastest plane

Hello. If it is permitted and of interest to this community, I'd like to mention that I am currently selling via Ebay a collection of historic "First Flight" swatches which I bought a few years ago. I would like to see them go to someone who will appreciate them.

There is an extensive description on the item page (search ebay for "wright nc4"). Basically, the original display maker included swatches from the Wright flyer, the Vin Fiz (first coast to coast flight), the NC4 (first transatlantic flight), the Chicago (first around the world flight), and gold kapton heat foil from the Apollo 11 capsule, into a single frameable matted display.

The display maker explains on his blog (http://firstflights.blogspot.com) that there is a possibility that this Wright flyer swatch was taken to the moon on Apollo 11. If his research is correct, this could arguably make the Wright Flyer the world's fastest plane :-)

I hope this note can benefit someone who would be interested.

Thanks,

Kevin

Re: FS: Wright Flyer swatch possibly taken on Apollo 11, = world's fastest plane

Looks legit.

Comment

Working...
    X